I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

NEW MEMBER - Frederick MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
hollywood
DAMN n00b

NEW MEMBER - Frederick MD

Post by hollywood »

I am a new member and new to dirtbikes maybe 6 rides under my belt since February Kitzmiller and Big Boys. I made the conversion over from DH mountain bikng. I live in Frederick near TJ highschool. I am looking for people to ride trails with who have the patience to put up with a noob rider :) Was hoping to ride this weekend i was thinking about going out to kitzmiller saturday by myself and hope to hook up with someone there :)
2017 YZ250FX
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: NEW MEMBER - Frederick MD

Post by Ovo »

Welcome to the site and to sport, you can usually find a ride somewhere going on each weekend..but check the DAMN Rides, Trips and Events for more information on upcoming rides or the calendar...Enjoy! :roost:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

hollywood wrote:I am a new member and new to dirtbikes maybe 6 rides under my belt since February Kitzmiller and Big Boys. I made the conversion over from DH mountain bikng. I live in Frederick near TJ highschool. I am looking for people to ride trails with who have the patience to put up with a noob rider :) Was hoping to ride this weekend i was thinking about going out to kitzmiller saturday by myself and hope to hook up with someone there :)

DH convert, that's cool. What kind of bike do you have? I am right up the road in Myersville.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

DHmountain biker? You are probably a pretty advanced noob.
The 8th of June will be some awesome trail riding out in western md. Dont miss that. Look for the Granville thread in the rides section.
Other then maybe a quick dirtroad ride Im out this weekend.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

Thanks guys - i have a 2003 KLX 300 Kawasaki. I saw a lot in the DAMN Rides section definetly checking that out. Its the finer things im trying to get accustomed to like a MOTOR :) Such a new experience go up hills fast well at least from mountain bike standpoint
2017 YZ250FX
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

hollywood wrote:Thanks guys - i have a 2003 KLX 300 Kawasaki. I saw a lot in the DAMN Rides section definetly checking that out. Its the finer things im trying to get accustomed to like a MOTOR :) Such a new experience go up hills fast well at least from mountain bike standpoint
Is your bike plated/street legal? That will open up a few options for you.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

not street legal just want to do trails for now. I am more than happy to play around rocks and trees cars whole different ball game. In the future i hope to get a street bike but or now just long rides on dirt trails.
2017 YZ250FX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

a plated dirt bike lets you do the big DS rides like the Shenandoah 500 and the Hammer Run. There aren't a lot of places to ride a pure dirt bike but lots of places to ride a dual-sport bike.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

hollywood wrote:not street legal just want to do trails for now. I am more than happy to play around rocks and trees cars whole different ball game. In the future i hope to get a street bike but or now just long rides on dirt trails.
Just something to think about. But like Kyler is saying the tag can open up some options. Dualsport rides like the Hammer Run are awesome trail and single track rides but you need a tag for the few miles of road connectors. Some enduros also require a plated bike for short road sections.

Either way, hope to see you out there. Try to make Granville's on the June 8th, you wont regret that one.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

ah i get what your saying yeah im not up on all descriptions and terms. I had to look up OHV LOL
Granville sounds fun but reading the description about being experienced single track. I like that stuff not sure how well i can ride it yet. THere is a trail off the parking lot at Kitzmiller on the other side from the gate that seemed technical i did okay on that. I also wear Prescription sports glasses not goggles

It is also required for all riders to wear a full compliment of safety gear (helmet, goggles, chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves and MX style boots) and have had sufficient single track experience that would qualify them as an experienced “C” rider or better. This is a challenging single track designed for accomplished riders. This not a place to come and try to learn how to ride a motorcycle or behave in anyway less than a responsible adult.

For those DAMN Riders whose bike’s are not yet set-up for the technical rigors of single track riding are still welcome to stop by camp and conspire trips to near by points of interest, such as Dan’s Rock and the Savage River State Park. At this time, I ask resident dual sport wizard and local super hero Mr. MDUBYA and TyMarp to step forward and organize just such an off-property day ride.

Plan on primitive style camping. However, the property does contain a very large building which usually has a working bathroom. That is, if the fickle plumbing is deemed operational.

PM me, if you desire directions to our private property and a copy of a waiver of liability. A waiver of liability is required prior to riding on my family’s private property and it will also help me keep track of how many DAMN Riders plan to attend. It is also required for all riders to wear a full compliment of safety gear (helmet, goggles, chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves and MX style boots) and have had sufficient single track experience that would qualify them as an experienced “C” rider or better. This is a challenging single track designed for accomplished riders. This not a place to come and try to learn how to ride a motorcycle or behave in anyway less than a responsible adult.
2017 YZ250FX