I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Winter Repairs, Mods and Upgrades

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Winter Repairs, Mods and Upgrades

Post by RRob »

Woo hoo! The UPS truck came today. New shifter, front sprocket and front brake pads for the XR650L and new front wheel bearings for the CR250R. Nothing too exciting I guess, but I'll be happy to get the XRL back on the road. The only upgrade will be the new Baja Designs headlight that should arrive on Wednesday.

Anyone else getting their bike ready for the season?
Attachments
new parts.JPG
new parts.JPG (89.6 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
Last edited by RRob on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Winter Farkles

Post by Rut Row »

I bought my KLR last year used and absolutely stock. The only upgrade last year was a custom Corbin flat seat. Over the winter it got a new jug (685), fork brace, Doohicky, upgrade fuses, Garmin Zumo 550, DRZ footpegs, footpeg lowering bracket, 2" anti-vibration handle bar risers, and Caribou cases.

I am about to install a subframe bolt upgrade, IRG GP-1 skins, auxilary headlights, heated grips (wish I had them last weekend), 12v outlet and a mini-dash.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: Winter Repairs, Mods and Upgrades

Post by hondahawkrider »

What you do to require a klr to need a new jug :lol2:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

OK RRob, we really need to hear the story of how you tore up the XRL.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

I put a Trail Tech Vapor on my DR. I'm pretty excited to try it out, seems cool.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:What you do to require a klr to need a new jug :lol2:
:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Fortunately for me, it was the PO! He had the top end apart at one point. I don't know what he did but oil consumption was 1 qt every 120 miles. After popping the top, it was apparent we needed a new piston, rings and a few new valves. Getting a OEM piston was turning out to be a real problem so I decided to do the 685 conversion. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

[quote=mdubya]OK RRob, we really need to hear the story of how you tore up the XRL.[/quote]

"Move along folks, nothing to see here."

Maybe someday Lou and I will tell you the tale of "Area 51" sitting around a campfire... :kumbaya:

On second thought, it may be more fun to show you! (hint: west of 219, southwest of 46 :brows: )

Took the front wheel off of the CR tonight to take it to work and press in the bearings. I'm chomping at the bit for the headlight.

BTW: If anyone ever need anything pressed let me know. I use a 30-ton press just about every day to press one thing or another...
Rob

XR650L
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

yo Rob aint gettin shit in the mail the best! Man I got aton of stuff for the R, I got the baja kit, I laced up some black rims with new oem spokes, new fenders, tool bag, # plate backgrounds, cool BD speedo, also laced new gold rims on the cr to got with the retro David Bailey orange and blue plastics.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

B DIRT wrote:yo Rob aint gettin shit in the mail the best! Man I got aton of stuff for the R, I got the baja kit, I laced up some black rims with new oem spokes, new fenders, tool bag, # plate backgrounds, cool BD speedo, also laced new gold rims on the cr to got with the retro David Bailey orange and blue plastics.
Wheelie bar? :lol8:
Hey Brian. :cheers:

Let's see...what did I do? New spark plug, changed oil and filter :shrug: I think that's about it. :D
Ah, I also took apart the swing arm, lubed everything, factory lube sucks.
KLR = low maintenance and I'm lazy.

But I also got some Gaerne boots an Icon vest, and a new lid is coming. I guess I'm farkling me this year.
Bruce
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

B DIRT wrote:yo Rob aint gettin shit in the mail the best! Man I got aton of stuff for the R, I got the baja kit, I laced up some black rims with new oem spokes, new fenders, tool bag, # plate backgrounds, cool BD speedo, also laced new gold rims on the cr to got with the retro David Bailey orange and blue plastics.
Post some pics of the CR, sounds cool! That color scheme probably looks really good on an aluminum framed bike.
Rob

XR650L