I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bill proposal using AMA and your CONGRESSMAN

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
401dan
DAMN Expert

Bill proposal using AMA and your CONGRESSMAN

Post by 401dan »

Ok guys . lets stop wasting time on the bottom feeders, if you want to change things you have to start at the top and have tens of thousands of active registered voters who ride to be heard in the govt.period. When I worked with the state I tried to tell others what was coming from the ranks but nobody took me seriously . so now that there is a BILL on forest conservation that gives any tree huger power to evaluate the ecosystem and forest and god forbid a rare species of beetle and dirt hills which is what clossed pocomoke down look it up!!. we cant ever hope to win talking to DNR . and I know the boses first hand . they will tell you this too you need numbers and big organizations like AMA and private land owners and big buss.too get together and construct a measure that any land opened for orv trails can guarantee pre sales of yearly orv tags and a daily orv tag for those who only ride once in awhile.untill you can show big numbers and deep pockets and the willingness of riders like us that would gladly pay more to ride if there was a place to ride, we will not be taken seriously. so what say ye. what would you pay to ride at GREEN RIDGE. as an example $25 a day $200.00 a year well what would it take for them to take us seriously, give it some thought. and lets speek with a represenative and try to start with one trail at a time or if we could get say 10k riders to sign take them and a propossal of a monetary orv permit we could live with and have a place to ride. whats your thoughts :frustrated:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Bill proposal using AMA and your CONGRESSMAN

Post by Rut Row »

well, I think we should talk. I'm over 50% of the way to creating a Hatfield-McCoy in WMD on reclaimed mines. The DNR is about to open OHV trails in State Forests. For the first time ever, OHVs are going to be in the State's 5-year recreation and trails plan.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

That is not a very motivating opening statement.

I am actively hammering local, state and federal officials. Post up the bill proposal numbers so we can be specific in our objections
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

bonehead wrote:That is not a very motivating opening statement.

I am actively hammering local, state and federal officials. Post up the bill proposal numbers so we can be specific in our objections
plus next week Mike Twigg and I are going to Annapolis. We can meet with peeps and discuss it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris