I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM 450 EXC 2007 Excellent Condition - $5995

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/627886299.html

is this a good deal? Might be more fun the the KLR at the ORV.

Excellent Condition, Must be seen to apreciate, New Tires, Brakes, E-Line pipe gard, Factory Connection Suspension, Skid plate, Radiator Gards, Handelbar protectors, Rear disk break protector, Heated grips, Street Legal directionals mirrors manual and more, Low miles Excellent condition as photos show.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Re: KTM 450 EXC 2007 Excellent Condition - $5995

Post by Teethgrinder »

Maybe much more fun at the ORV, but I would imagine half as fun on the road. :shrug:

Nice looking machine, for sure!
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Wow, you don't f_ck around. A 450EXC is one bad ass machine, maybe even the best ever dual-sport for technical off-road riding. That's one of my dream machines...

I have no idea if that's a good price or not but a brand new one probably doesn't cost much more than that.
Rob

XR650L
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

KBB retail for a used EXC 450 in excellent condition: $6235 Trade in: $4305.

That bike has some nice extras. As long as it has a clear, transferable title ('07's are street legal) it sounds like a decent deal. Not a screaming good deal, but a good deal nonetheless.

FWIW ( :lol8: ) : My buddy's 2004 KTM 450 SX supermoto bike is one of the sweetest, easiest to ride bikes I have ever ridden. You should be more than covered for trail riding and real dualsporting with that EXC! :thumbup:

I am looking at a well used '02 520 EXC next Saturday. I hope it is decent. The forums all say the '02 520 is a ripper. Not street leagl though.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Wow, you don't f_ck around. A 450EXC is one bad ass machine, maybe even the best ever dual-sport for technical off-road riding. That's one of my dream machines...

I have no idea if that's a good price or not but a brand new one probably doesn't cost much more than that.
I stopped by the dealers yesterday and was chatting with hi about them. He said the 450 had better torgue and was better in the woods. The 530 was a better motard and rev'ed higher. A new one is a bit over $8K and I could never justify that to the bride. :nono:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:You should be more than covered for trail riding and real dualsporting with that EXC! :thumbup:
I'd keep the KLR for generic dual-sport riding and longer trips (i.e. Canada). I'm lusting for something lighter to bash the trails with. It would be nice to be able to keep you guys in site! :lol2: I think I'll keep watching Craig's List and try to pick one up this fall. I'm still hurting from the house remodel :dry:
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:The forums all say the '02 520 is a ripper. Not street leagl though.
What year did they start making them street legal? My old eyes can't pick up the turn signals in most of the pictures on Craig's List.
Ken
Louge

Post by Louge »

Lotta farkles but a bit $pensive. All 06 and above KTM EXC/SMs and Husqy TE/SMs are 50 state legal.
Harold at Ridersville Cycle has the best KTM/Husqy prices anywhere in the U.S.
450s rev out quicker, 525s lay down lazy torque. :shrug:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I would suggest contacting Harold at Ridersville too. He moves brand new bikes at heavy discounts at a pretty rapid pace.

I have ridden the 450's, the 525's, and the 560 SM. I personally think the 450 is a better bike in every way. The bigger bore bikes lay down almost too much torque.

I believe the KTMs went street legal in '07.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:I would suggest contacting Harold at Ridersville too. He moves brand new bikes at heavy discounts at a pretty rapid pace.
You guys just want to see a 50+ guy standing beside a new KTM lying in the mud crying... :screwy: I'm thinking used! :thumbup:
Ken