I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hi all, just introducing myself

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Hi all, just introducing myself

Post by trialsrider »

Hi All,

I have been checking out this site for a couple months and it looks like you guys have a lot of fun. I grew up riding single tract and quarries in my younger years but then didn't ride for some twenty + years. I got back into it about 6 years ago on a 1974 Yamaha TY250 riding trials. About two years into it, I picked up a 2004 GasGas 280 pro trials bike. I have been riding obstacles like downed trees, rocks, hill climbs and single tract for most of the past 6 years. Back in the summer I decided to try dual sport, so I picked up a 08 KTM 450 exc. I have not got much off road riding on it yet, still trying to comfortable with it. I live in the Ellicott city area near the KTM dealer, Ellicott City Motor Sports, if you know wher that is. Anyway, I hope I get a chance to meet up with some of you guys and do some riding.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hi all, just introducing myself

Post by Rut Row »

Greetings and it is about DAMN time you joined in!

I love my 450EXC but I don't ride it on the road much - it may be "dual-sport" but it is about as bad on the road as my KLR is on the trails! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Welcome to the forum. I aso have a an 03 450EXC. one thing to watch is the lower shock bearing. Powerwashing and cause the bearing to go south pretty quickly. Otherwise I like my KTM.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

husky4 wrote:one thing to watch is the lower shock bearing. Powerwashing and cause the bearing to go south pretty quickly.
so, the moral of the story is don't wash the bike? :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Welcome to this wacky DAMN world glad to have you .Im also a ktmr 08 530 i got it up there to.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.