I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hello All

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Hello All

Post by Granville »

After lurking as a guest for awhile, the general kind spirited conversation here has inspired me to chime-in and introduce myself. I have been riding mostly single track for 30+ years in MD. I do have a plated KTM450, but I am really only interested in using it on the pavement to connect single track sections. I went on a dual sport/adventure tour in the Canadian Rockies with several of my riding buddies and had a blast. We went here http://www.backroadsadventures.ca/ . Check out the photo gallery and you will see why I plan to be back.

I am married w/3-kids. My 16 year old son rides a KTM400 and has become one of my good riding partners. Here is some vid of him playing around with some of our friends at our Western, MD spot. We replaced the helmet cam after that last “expressionistic clip” at the end.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/ ... online.flv

I enjoy camping and riding and try to find a way to make it happen often. I am a member of the R & T club and look forward to riding with everyone on this site.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hello All

Post by Rut Row »

Granville wrote:After lurking as a guest for awhile, the general kind spirited conversation here has inspired me to chime-in and introduce myself. I have been riding mostly single track for 30+ years in MD. I do have a plated KTM450, but I am really only interested in using it on the pavement to connect single track sections. I went on a dual sport/adventure tour in the Canadian Rockies with several of my riding buddies and had a blast. We went here http://www.backroadsadventures.ca/ . Check out the photo gallery and you will see why I plan to be back.

I am married w/3-kids. My 16 year old son rides a KTM400 and has become one of my good riding partners. Here is some vid of him playing around with some of our friends at our Western, MD spot. We replaced the helmet cam after that last “expressionistic clip” at the end.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/ ... online.flv

I enjoy camping and riding and try to find a way to make it happen often. I am a member of the R & T club and look forward to riding with everyone on this site.
Welcome and it is about DAMN time you posted! R&T, eh? Bucho and I are thinking of joining.

btw, mighty fine selection of steeds! :bow:

and with 30+ years of MD single track, no doubt you can show us some new riding areas! :whoop:

and be sure to put yourself on the DAMN Frappr map if you haven't already!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Welcome aboard !! Looking forward to being shown some cool new single track. Though I have to point out a "disturbing" lack of rocks on those trails!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Welcome aboard !! Looking forward to being shown some cool new single track. Though I have to point out a "disturbing" lack of rocks on those trails!
ahem - that is what trails are SUPPOSED to look like! :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Welcome and it is about DAMN time you posted! R&T, eh? Bucho and I are thinking of joining.

btw, mighty fine selection of steeds! :bow:

and with 30+ years of MD single track, no doubt you can show us some new riding areas! :whoop:

and be sure to put yourself on the DAMN Frappr map if you haven't already!
Thank you, The R&T Club is a fine group of people. I think the Club has a maximum membership goal. They may have already reached it...not sure. They do have monthly meetings in Frederick that are always a hoot and good way to find out who is riding what, when and where. Let me know if I can forward you some info on the next meeting.

I have come across some single track over the years. Some of it has even been legal :ride: I can be bribed in sharing invitations to some of these spots for a nominal bribe :cheers:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Wingfixer wrote:Welcome aboard !! Looking forward to being shown some cool new single track. Though I have to point out a "disturbing" lack of rocks on those trails!
No disappointments on those trails for any single track rider with "C" skill or better, see upper right corner for your rocks :poser: .

Stay tuned for an important spring time announcement that will include many of your favorite words and phrases; such as "DAMN free" , "DAMN legal", and the ever popular "as seen on TV...DAMN!".

I can see you guys are going to be fun :loveit:
Jim

By grandville75, shot with DSC-W5 at 2007-11-01
Last edited by Granville on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Granville wrote:Thank you, The R&T Club is a fine group of people. I think the Club has a maximum membership goal. They may have already reached it...not sure. They do have monthly meetings in Frederick that are always a hoot and good way to find out who is riding what, when and where. Let me know if I can forward you some info on the next meeting.
I was at the Dec meeting at Chris Borger's invitation. It was interesting to watch the outgoing President... :freakey: is that a tradition?

btw, I'm riding Chris Edward's old 450EXC. His loss! :whoop:
Ken
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Kyler wrote:
Granville wrote:Thank you, The R&T Club is a fine group of people. I think the Club has a maximum membership goal. They may have already reached it...not sure. They do have monthly meetings in Frederick that are always a hoot and good way to find out who is riding what, when and where. Let me know if I can forward you some info on the next meeting.
I was at the Dec meeting at Chris Borger's invitation. It was interesting to watch the outgoing President... :freakey: is that a tradition?

btw, I'm riding Chris Edward's old 450EXC. His loss! :whoop:
I missed the Dec. meeting. Mark is an great guy. Not sure what he did was a tradition, but he has made his share of history around there.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's