I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Any Mountain Bicyclers here? I'm picking one up this week.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Any Mountain Bicyclers here? I'm picking one up this week.

Post by Ovo »

My knees still hurt from 7 mnts ride so I'm going to stay off the berg for a bit and jump on a mountain bike and try to shed some pounds and build up my knee strength.

So I thought I would check in and see who else rides and where they ride at. I live pretty close to Fair Hill, so I have 100 miles of trials to ride on, that is a good place to start and build my skills back up from when I rode in California.

So post away with who rides, what you ride and where.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Re: Any Mountain Bicyclers here? I'm picking one up this we

Post by Longboardr »

I ride once a week for exercise and use Pinchot State Park because it's only a mile ride to the gates. Nothing technical, just looking to sweat, pant up hills :knary: and bounce down them. I'm on a Jamis Cross Country 2.0 that I bought new several years ago. It's a rigid tail with front suspension. Does everything I need but I did have to upgrade to SRAM X9 shifters after a week long demo of a wicked expensive Specialized full suspension bike.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I try to get out every weekend. I used to go down Loch Raven but since they closed down all the single track, what's the point. I've been checking out some new trails but I have been doing the river trail along the Gun Powder lately. No hills but rocks and sand so it's about the same workout. My ride is a GT with rock shock forks Dart front and Smoke rear tires, much better then the ones that came with the bike. I must admit that the heat has had me slacking.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Sweet - Once I get re-acclimated to riding a bike - we'll have to get together for a ride.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

:thumbup:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Damage Inc. wrote:I try to get out every weekend. I used to go down Loch Raven but since they closed down all the single track, what's the point. I've been checking out some new trails but I have been doing the river trail along the Gun Powder lately. No hills but rocks and sand so it's about the same workout. My ride is a GT with rock shock forks Dart front and Smoke rear tires, much better then the ones that came with the bike. I must admit that the heat has had me slacking.
Damage,

You need to hook-up with us at Potapsco. Potapsco is a perfect river valley that was made for mountain biking and not too far from you. We ride EVERY Friday, meet at 5' pm in the parking lot at Catonsville Community College. Ride until dark then head over to GL Shacks on Frederick Rd for some beers, wings and dinner.

Jay
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ovo wrote:My knees still hurt from 7 mnts ride so I'm going to stay off the berg for a bit and jump on a mountain bike and try to shed some pounds and build up my knee strength.

So I thought I would check in and see who else rides and where they ride at. I live pretty close to Fair Hill, so I have 100 miles of trials to ride on, that is a good place to start and build my skills back up from when I rode in California.

So post away with who rides, what you ride and where.
Ovo,

Let me know what you think about Fair Hill. I have ridden a lot of places but never made it up there. I have heard it is not real hilly so I need to know if I heard correctly.

Get your legs back under you and join us the last weekend in September for an IMBA epic ride recreation we will be doing up at Rothrock near State College. Details on the original ride here: http://www.imba.com/epics/roth-rock-ride

Jay
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Skinny-J wrote:
Damage Inc. wrote:I try to get out every weekend. I used to go down Loch Raven but since they closed down all the single track, what's the point. I've been checking out some new trails but I have been doing the river trail along the Gun Powder lately. No hills but rocks and sand so it's about the same workout. My ride is a GT with rock shock forks Dart front and Smoke rear tires, much better then the ones that came with the bike. I must admit that the heat has had me slacking.
Damage,

You need to hook-up with us at Potapsco. Potapsco is a perfect river valley that was made for mountain biking and not too far from you. We ride EVERY Friday, meet at 5' pm in the parking lot at Catonsville Community College. Ride until dark then head over to GL Shacks on Frederick Rd for some beers, wings and dinner.

Jay
This sounds like a good time but I work from 3:30a 'tll noon and I'm pretty spent by 5:00p on Fridays. Not to mention that I'm a p-whip Dad that has to watch the boy until mom get's home around 6. Not to say I won't make it but not for a month or so. I've been busting A trying to get our house ready to sell. Almost there yet stll so far away.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Finally got my bike - Ended up picking up a Civilian Young Turk...Pretty sweet bike if I may say so.

Headed to Utah Sunday for a week and half, but once back, I want to start hitting the trails.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

10 speed with no front derailleur, very interesting