I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moto inspections

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Moto inspections

Post by Laoch »

OKay, I'm not advocating breaking the law, but when it comes to moto inspections does anybody really care?

I have 4 tagged bikes and at any given time at least one is not inspected. My KLR went 2 years sans inspection at one time. I never really got excited about it. When was the last time anybody on a bike, riding WNL got pulled for an inspection :shrug: Here in PA we have a goofy system where your inspection is good for 6-9 months :frustrated: So it's easy to miss it and many do. AND I hate paying to get it done so often.

Anyway...I'm trying to sell this other DR and everybody wants to know about inspection. - "what does it need? Blah, blah" . :screwy:
I'm not a mechanic, it's street legal as it sits. Might need a DOT tire or two, definitely needs a battery. All clearly stated in the listing. Other than that :shrug: Why not print out the moto inspection list and come by and kick the tires. :wallbash:

Yeah, I'm not good at selling :roost: I actually kinda like this DR.

Thanks for reading :rickey:
Bruce
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Moto inspections

Post by bonehead »

The best is when the come by then
    ask you to start it so they can listen to it.
    It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
    Boom Boom
    DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote:OKay, I'm not advocating breaking the law, but when it comes to moto inspections does anybody really care?

I have 4 tagged bikes and at any given time at least one is not inspected. My KLR went 2 years sans inspection at one time. I never really got excited about it. When was the last time anybody on a bike, riding WNL got pulled for an inspection :shrug: Here in PA we have a goofy system where your inspection is good for 6-9 months :frustrated: So it's easy to miss it and many do. AND I hate paying to get it done so often.

Anyway...I'm trying to sell this other DR and everybody wants to know about inspection. - "what does it need? Blah, blah" . :screwy:
    I'm not a mechanic, it's street legal as it sits. Might need a DOT tire or two, definitely needs a battery. All clearly stated in the listing. Other than that :shrug: Why not print out the moto inspection list and come by and kick the tires. :wallbash:

Yeah, I'm not good at selling :roost: I actually kinda like this DR.

Thanks for reading :rickey:

So...how fast does it go?? how many miles per gallon?? Can you pull a wheelie in all gears?? Do you change oil after every race??
    I see them selling on craigs list for half what you are asking...is it mint.
    Oh, we could go on for days........
    2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
    Laoch
    DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I had to revise my listing to explicitly state that it is kick start only :screwy:

Maybe a rear trials tire, lower gears and keep it? :shrug:
    Bruce
    Boom Boom
    DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote:I had to revise my listing to explicitly state that it is kick start only :screwy:

Maybe a rear trials tire, lower gears and keep it? :shrug:
    Yep,
    Strip off anything that can break and put in a box.
    Lower the gears big time.
    I have a lightly used Dunlop radial you can have for the back.
    Go have fun with it.
    When ready to sell, show a picture of all the DOT stuff and title and post clearly "AS IS".
    Might sell for a couple buck less than in road worthy condition but the fun you will have with it not worrying about breaking crap off is well worth it.
    Save the 400 and KLR for where a plate is needed, go rip it up with this scoot and the Beta on all the off road riding events.
    After watching my buddy take a bone stock Honda 230L through the nasty stuff at Hatfield, this little scoot with some off road prep will drag you anywhere you have nerve to go.
    Just my $.02 :shrug:
    2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
    Ovo
    DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Boom Boom wrote:Just my $.02 :shrug:
    I would think your $.02 is more like $2.00 as much as you give your those pennies... :poser:
    14 Tiger800 XCX
    09 Husaberg 450 FE
    07 Suzuki DRZ400S