I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. SUnday 4/22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Re: Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. SUnday 4/

Post by Stinson »

It rained, but we had fun. I struggled on the first few sections, because I couldnt get warmed. Im not good and sitting ans waiting then riding. We decided to ride intermediate just because we wanted to ride harder lines then the beginner class. I have no idea how we stacked up, hoping results will be available somewhere. Once I got going I was able to get four 0's so I was happy about that. :ride:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm sorry I couldn't come watch. I'd really like to try this on my 450. This would have been a perfect event to ride to and then compete. Maybe next time.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

I forgot to ask, there was a guy named Dave, that was running the "shuttle" in a green jeep. Does anyone know him or his email address? My wife came out to watch even tho I told her not too, on a cane only 5 weeks after breaking her femur in half, and Dave was so nice helping her out. I wanted to send him a note, thanking him again.

Thanks
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Kyler wrote: I'd really like to try this on my 450.

The course is WAY too tight for a normal dirt bike, not to mention you would tear the course up. Don't think they would even let you enter more than likely.
Now maybe adding in some sections for dirt bikes that are more friendly might be a cool idea?

We ought to set up a DAMN Riders Trials day! There are enough of us that have trials bikes that could let some of you guys that don't, ride ours. Maybe set up an informal trials event on someones property, like 4-5 sections and team up. One Trials rider/owner and one non-trials bike owner share a bike and each take turns on the sections? Combine the scores for a team winner. That might be fun! Make only 1 line for all to ride to keep it equal.

That might be pretty cool?
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:

The course is WAY too tight for a normal dirt bike, not to mention you would tear the course up. Don't think they would even let you enter more than likely.
Now maybe adding in some sections for dirt bikes that are more friendly might be a cool idea?

We ought to set up a DAMN Riders Trials day! There are enough of us that have trials bikes that could let some of you guys that don't, ride ours. Maybe set up an informal trials event on someones property, like 4-5 sections and team up. One Trials rider/owner and one non-trials bike owner share a bike and each take turns on the sections? Combine the scores for a team winner. That might be fun! Make only 1 line for all to ride to keep it equal.

seems like Boom Boom has a ready made course :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Firebolter wrote:

You can enter a MAVT event on a dirt bike as long as you have a trials tire on the rear. I have seen it several times. In fact Damnrider badguy rode Granogue on his CRF this past October. The 4 line is somewhat manageable and there were two endurocross guys posting fairly good scores on the 3 line last year. You're right about it being tight though - there were some turns that they just couldn't make.

BoomBoom threatened a similar idea earlier this year. I think it would be a hoot!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

having just hocked my life to buy a new sidecar, the best I'll ever do for the foreseeable future is using my 450. And it sports a trials tire too.
Ken
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Kyler wrote:having just hocked my life to buy a new sidecar, the best I'll ever do for the foreseeable future is using my 450. And it sports a trials tire too.
At a glance, I read that as "hocked my wife." :poser:

We've all thought it at one point or another... :angel:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

motojunky wrote:At a glance, I read that as "hocked my wife." :poser:

:jack:

:hi5:

:sheep:
Ken
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

motojunky wrote:
Kyler wrote:having just hocked my life to buy a new sidecar, the best I'll ever do for the foreseeable future is using my 450. And it sports a trials tire too.
At a glance, I read that as "hocked my wife." :poser:

Yeah I've thought about it, but I couldn't buy a worn out trials tire from hocking that :censored:

In fact, right now somewhere, there is some poor bastitch swearing me now for letting her back into the pool of crazy bee_otches running around and he got trapped!

Definitely a case of "my gain is some other poor bastitches loss!" :smoking:
Lots of cool bikes---