GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Post by bonehead »

This is a tough one.
I really want to support the ORV group and do realize this is probably going to be watched for involvement.

The route I assume will just be the gravel roads around the area.

I do want to go to the reunion expecially since the winter get together fell apart :boohoo: .

Then again this might not be an issue since MR :kumbaya: will let us know when they want to let us in the door. So, I guess we will wait to hear on that then worry about this if need be.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

I dont understand. $35 to ride free public roads. What can they do if you decide to tag along minus $35? Can they kick you off these public roads AND not give you a T-shirt? :lol2:

HMMM I have a sticky front brake on the XR650L. She had a badly warped rotor, I replaced rotor and pads and she is still dragging a bit. Maybe time to do a rebuild and I have parts coming for caliper and master cylinder. No doubt my brake fluid looks like chocolate milk. Think I'll put in a new line while at it. Wonder if I torched the caliper seals when I had a dragging warped rotor? My brake lever is completely clear of brush guards so she has full return. When I replaced the pads it was a bit tough to separate the pads.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Since this isn't on our DAMN Reunion weekend anymore - I encourage those willing to look past $35 and riding our well known roads to go and show support. I can't go, Bucho and I have to be in Joisey to get our racing licenses.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Kyler wrote:Since this isn't on our DAMN Reunion weekend anymore - I encourage those willing to look past $35 and riding our well known roads to go and show support. I can't go, Bucho and I have to be in Joisey to get our racing licenses.
Ditto. This is organized by someone who's been involved in the effort to find riding areas that stemmed from the Greenridge closure. It will not go unnoticed by the powers that be.

It's too early for me to commit, but I'm going to try very hard to make it work. I'm thinking it will be a good first organized ride for my wife.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

i probably said before but you can be pretty sure no body makes money off of this event besides a charity. The guys setting it up do so as a labor of love and to support the sport they love.

Think of the fuel, meals, bribes, arrows, ribbon, time, printer ink, wear and tear on everything and 20 things not mentioned. There usually not reinbursement for that. Almost always out of pocket or donated. For real most of the dual sports can be rode a different weekend ect. but to support and grow our sport I look at it as a donation to off road riding's future.

Speaking of which , PLEASE SUPPORT a family cycle business of

MATTO's CYCLE
http://www.mattocycle.com/index.htm

Phone: (570) 429-0678 St. Clair, PA
if you do use Matto please tell them " Green Marble Enduro Riders" or "Joe Warwick" sent you, or thanks them for supporting our events at GMER. This matters big time to our club.

they are donating goodies for our GMER enduro this year, Bud Matto doesnt have or make a forture or much at all but he gives generously to local races and events, he is one of the most dedicated dealers anywhere around. Even in this tight year he has committed to help us with our races.

Budd runs everything and will give you a honest deal on whatever he has. His son runs the parts counter and races hare scrambles in the ECEA on his 350 KTM. They carry a good inventory of everything from OEM parts to Helmets tires and stuff and are fast to get stuff out, many times i had my parts the next day with regular ground shipping. and without sale tax it saves even more $$$ or at least equals the shipping

Plus their Service dept is 10x better than anything around MD/DC, they are great wrenches and are super fair on price. Example, I was having an issue with a trans from a KTM 300, sticking in 3rd gear after multiple attempts by me to find and fix it, i turned it over to them. Although super busy right now and they said a week or two, they got to it in a couple of days and figured it out, a washer was backwards and something else, i forget. They could of totally raped me, ready for this, they charged me $68., I about fell out, and said no no, come on. Nope that was it, they would take anymore $$, he said it took a little longer but an hour shop time was fair and they were cool. Good luck finding anyone like that in Maryland. Joe is the Service guy, he is good. sorry for rambling and hyjacking

stay tuned for the next chapter...
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

If I can afford the gas to get there I'm gonna go, I like the good old dirt from GR
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'll be there. I mailed my application today (just on the deadline). I'm in Woodbine, and I know many are going by my house on I-70 to get there. So it may be convenient to share a ride if you want to park at my house and ride with me or I can bum a ride and pay for gas. I've got a sportrac 4x4 and a 5x10 trailer which fits 2 bikes with room to spare for gear.
Billy
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

motojunky wrote:
Kyler wrote:Since this isn't on our DAMN Reunion weekend anymore - I encourage those willing to look past $35 and riding our well known roads to go and show support. I can't go, Bucho and I have to be in Joisey to get our racing licenses.
Ditto. This is organized by someone who's been involved in the effort to find riding areas that stemmed from the Greenridge closure. It will not go unnoticed by the powers that be.

It's too early for me to commit, but I'm going to try very hard to make it work. I'm thinking it will be a good first organized ride for my wife.
Craig. Now you've GOT to stop at my house on the way. - Billy
KTM 450 EXC mostly
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

motojunky wrote:

I agree with Kyler (he's so well spoken, isn't he? :amazon: ) and M-Junky...I don't like paying, but this is being done to raise awareness that the bikers care and want to be here too.
I'm +4. I hope to meet you all there but don't know how I'll recognize you.

Here's the best picture I could find...it's me if you take off the hat and dreads...I guess in hindsight this doesn't help you much...but you will notice the big goatee. Hey, it was Halloween.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Signed up for the ride and all set for camping. Lots of sites still available. My friend and I got 2 group tent sites next to each other. Our families are both coming, so it's shaping up to be a really fun time. :kumbaya: I will be on my blue DRZ with DAMN jersey. :roost:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S