I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Redding Anthacite Coal Ride - Saturday Feb 25

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Redding Anthacite Coal Ride - Saturday Feb 25

Post by Junior »

I`m in! Thats a good day to ride. I spoke to the lady at rac, she said she does permits ever tuesday. I sent my stuff in today. :whoop:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Are they allowing people to order permits by mail now? I thought they only used to sell them in person. Is there still a limited number of permits they'll be selling?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Grady wrote:Are they allowing people to order permits by mail now? I thought they only used to sell them in person. Is there still a limited number of permits they'll be selling?
Check out the link in the first post.
You can mail in your info or drive to the office during the week.
They bumped up the number of permits and I don't think they came close to selling out last year.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Hare wrote:I know the area very well and we can ride signle track and or open stuff all day long, I should be game for a ride the 25th.
Hare,

AWESOME!

I really hope you can make it and show us around.

Thanks
Jay
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Junior wrote:I`m in! Thats a good day to ride.:
It's a little weird that you and Phoo share a birthday; course Phoo and WF share a name... It's kinda like Phoo is an alternate universe version of you and WF combined into one!
Junior wrote: I spoke to the lady at rac, she said she does permits ever tuesday. I sent my stuff in today. :whoop:

I mailed mine on Tuesday as well so hopefully it will be in the queue for next Tuesday when the permit lady gets around to it....
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'll be heading up that morning, I guess. My birthday is the night before so I figure I should be home for that.

I'll be leaving from Sykesville, MD. Since it's a bit of a hike, will anyone be passing by, will I be passing by anyone, or is there anyone whose path I will cross who wants to truckpool? I have a good tow vehicle, but only a hitch carrier so I can either put my bike on someone else's trailer or pick up someone with a trailer.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Also, does anyone have a location for the parking lot to meet at? I don't find it obvious from their site where you're supposed to meet. Do you meet/park at the office?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Phoo, or anybody else,

I am just off I-83, exit 27 in Hereford. I am guessing your route will bring you around the beltway and then up 83 to Harrisburg where you then get 81. Therefore, I am probably a pretty decent spot to meet up and truck pool from. When we get a little closer and we know the final attendees, we can work it out...

Also, I have some details from some PM's I have been sending on where to park, etc. I can forward all this to you as well. Also, I have the impression that we will receive some maps and directions from RAC when we receive our permits....

Jay
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

phoo wrote:Also, does anyone have a location for the parking lot to meet at? I don't find it obvious from their site where you're supposed to meet. Do you meet/park at the office?

Thanks,

~Patrick
short of nasty weather i'll be there

probably the best central place to start from is Burma road. which is actualy call Hancock Ave. where is meets Rt.61 in the town of St. Clair, which is the next town north on Rt.61 from Pottsville or next town south of Frackville.

The simple-ist way there is I-81 north to Rt.61 south Frackville/Pottsville exit, follow Rt.61 south about 3 or 4 miles until you see a wal mart onyour left, go pass the WALLY world and the very next traffic light is Hancock Ave. make a Left and follow for a half mile to parking area along sode of the road.

The RAC office where you get the permits is in downtown Pottsville no parking for riding there
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote:
Junior wrote:I`m in! Thats a good day to ride.:
It's a little weird that you and Phoo share a birthday; course Phoo and WF share a name... It's kinda like Phoo is an alternate universe version of you and WF combined into one!

:
DUDE! thats deep!!! :shrug: Maybe Phoo will join us on the C/D ride in 2013?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX