Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shine

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shin

Post by Firebolter »

dirtygrunt wrote:Hey FB- I got your roll chart.
Thanks for letting me use it. I finished up during the deluge and wasn't thinking of finding you. I'll get it back to you.

So...Ken says he was there? No pics, it didn't happen. :lol2:

I did see some 990s on Anakees riding the options :deal:

No worries, I'll get it from ya whenever. It is a back up one so I am okay!
Lots of cool bikes---
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Ken,
Nice to see you and I hope you got your T-Shirt!
I have to say its odd seeing Lou's old bike roll into a ride. NICE to see it still logging miles with an old friend of Lou's but sad to be reminded he is gone.
RIP Lou
:rickey: :whoop: :roost: :rickey: :whoop: :roost: :rickey: :whoop: :rickey: :roost:
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:Image

I got there just as it started raining :frustrated:
I see a KTM and a Yami :shrug:
Bruce
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

Option 4A (right after breakfast). Well, the first half of it. Plus, you can see BigBird struggling over one of the rock obstacles but I cut me helping him through and then getting stuck myself. I also saved you all the pain of watching 5 minutes of gimpy me trying to wrestle my bike over the second big rock obstacle and instead showed the two 22-yr-olds going over it.

[youtube][/youtube]

And my feeble attempt at the mini-enduro, crashing on some hidden rocks (you can see in the video that it looks like I'm not the only one who slid around on them but I'm probably the only one dumb enough to have gotten hurt). Pain (and my mouth) starts at 1:25; video stops shortly after I get going again.

[youtube][/youtube]

More to come, probably. I wish I had the camera running during that last single track before lunch. I thought my battery was probably almost dead so I didn't bother turning it on, but I think battery life when in 720p widescreen is much better than when in 960p 5:4. And I mean by a lot.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The vids aren't working for me...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

same here :shrug:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Did anyone else notice in the thankyou letter that they said the winner won free entry to the last two Michaux dualsports. Does this mean 2013 will be its final year? I hope not. Although it did say 2013 may be a 2 day event. I heard rumors in the past, that it may be ending soon due to an agreement ending. Would be a shame for the nations oldest Dualsport ride to be gone after only 25 years.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Grady wrote:Did anyone else notice in the thankyou letter that they said the winner won free entry to the last two Michaux dualsports. Does this mean 2013 will be its final year? I hope not. Although it did say 2013 may be a 2 day event. I heard rumors in the past, that it may be ending soon due to an agreement ending. Would be a shame for the nations oldest Dualsport ride to be gone after only 25 years.
Even the Flyer said it was 23 of 25....So yeah it looks like this one will be ending in the next two years. :rant:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I just got a responce to my email asking the same question. "Yes, there are two more years of the dual sport and then it's over, at least for the MORE club. Perhaps someone will pick it up. Who knows."
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I just heard back from Mark Williams saying that there's no land issues and the state is usually great to work with, but he's done it for 25 years, "isn't that enough". MORE will no longer be running it, but hopefully another club will pick it up.