LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!!!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!!!

Post by BigBird »

Saturday (when it was 99 degrees) GAIL, my LOVELY bride of 47 years, pushed my fat ass AND our dog Bandit (the Furry Brick :>) up 3,300 feet of climbs on a 50 mile Charity bicycle ride on our tandem bicycle.

She was more than a decade older than any of the other gals on the ride and at least as old as the oldest man (other than me :>) AND she was fun and cheerful throughout the ride and partied with all the younger folks at the lodge at the end. Then she camped with me and Bandit in our tent at the Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit and rode back to the ride start with me on Sunday!

I LOVE this terrific gal more each year and consider myself THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!!!

Sorry to be so mushey but I'm so proud of my sweetie that (after a few glasses of wine :>) I just can't contain myself!!!
Last edited by BigBird on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!!!

Post by mdubya »

That is awesome Sam. :thumbup:

We should all be so lucky! :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I think I saw you guys. Were you coming up the backside-Mt Hope rd or Furnance rd?
I was on the KLR going down and remember passing a tandem.

I was thinking that that would be a nice set of hills to bike, but not when it's that DAMN hot. Some of those hills are steeep.

Goodonya :thumbup:
Bruce
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

go ahead, rub it in that your frail looking wife is a better man than I am! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:go ahead, rub it in that your frail looking wife is a better man than I am! :harhar:
Ken, I THINK she'll LIKE being called "frail looking" and you'll get yet ANOTHER feather in your cap with her :lol2:

She may look "frail" but she is VERY TOUGH - which is USUALLY a good thing :harhar:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

dirtygrunt wrote:I think I saw you guys. Were you coming up the backside-Mt Hope rd or Furnance rd?
I was on the KLR going down and remember passing a tandem.

I was thinking that that would be a nice set of hills to bike, but not when it's that DAMN hot. Some of those hills are steeep.

Goodonya :thumbup:
That was us :ride: Those roads are NICE.

The hills aren't so bad when you have LOW LOW gears and a little 105lb. motor on the back :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Thats awesome Sam...Its great to see relationships with so many years together still enjoying every day as it comes. :freakey:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

With a suck up like that, what did you break or plan on buying? :peep:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:With a suck up like that, what did you break or plan on buying? :peep:

:jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris