I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

xr650l lowering link

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: xr650l lowering link

Post by hondahawkrider »

bonehead wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:
bonehead wrote:My boy goes gang busters on anything with 4 wheels but doesn't yet feel comfortable on a motorcycle. Especially on the taller XR650L.
I found it... Want me to put in with my 777 stuff..
I just installed the lowering link today. Thanks again HHR. tomorrow I will adjust the front forks so it levels out a little.

Matt
Glad it worked out.. As payment i may need to leverage you fabricating abilities.. I have a hard rack that is going on my xr and might need some help at some point..

I figure if you can make a gasket utta tin foil you can do anything..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

[/quote]

Glad it worked out.. As payment i may need to leverage you fabricating abilities.. I have a hard rack that is going on my xr and might need some help at some point..

I figure if you can make a gasket utta tin foil you can do anything..[/quote]

My son and I are going to fabricate rear racks for our XRs also. we can make a third if you like. I have a tubing bender, welder, plasma cutters and such. I tried to put them in my KTM side bags but they wont fit for the trip. I am actually designing and building a single wheel trailer and hitch set-up for the 950.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

bonehead wrote:

I figure if you can make a gasket utta tin foil you can do anything..[/quote]

My son and I are going to fabricate rear racks for our XRs also. we can make a third if you like. I have a tubing bender, welder, plasma cutters and such. I tried to put them in my KTM side bags but they wont fit for the trip. I am actually designing and building a single wheel trailer and hitch set-up for the 950.[/quote]

Awesome, I actually have a fabricated rack that come with pelican cases that came from an xr off ADvrider. My issue is alway trying to figure out what another user did to make it work or if it really came from an xr... The cost of the rack bags and shipping was less than 150 which more or less paid for the bags, if the rack works or comes close it's a bonus. It's just getting everything to line up and work, and perhaps fabricating anything else required is where my skills are lacking, and where I could use your help...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

hondahawkrider wrote:
bonehead wrote:

I figure if you can make a gasket utta tin foil you can do anything..
My son and I are going to fabricate rear racks for our XRs also. we can make a third if you like. I have a tubing bender, welder, plasma cutters and such. I tried to put them in my KTM side bags but they wont fit for the trip. I am actually designing and building a single wheel trailer and hitch set-up for the 950.[/quote]

Awesome, I actually have a fabricated rack that come with pelican cases that came from an xr off ADvrider. My issue is alway trying to figure out what another user did to make it work or if it really came from an xr... The cost of the rack bags and shipping was less than 150 which more or less paid for the bags, if the rack works or comes close it's a bonus. It's just getting everything to line up and work, and perhaps fabricating anything else required is where my skills are lacking, and where I could use your help...[/quote]
I owe you big time for a great weekend ride. WE can make anything work and l;ook like it was born that way.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!