I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Fender Bag Contents (Yo Dak!)

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Fender Bag Contents (Yo Dak!)

Post by Rut Row » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Dak, after being suitably impressed by my tube changing skills at Dabbers, asked for a list of what was in my fender bag and where I got it.

I thought this would be a good thread for folks to share other cool ideas and URLs of fender bag gear.

My fender bag is a Wolfman

I carry a 21" tube, three tire irons and a Blackburn Mammoth 2-Stage Mini Pump

Lately I've moved the tire irons into the rear toolbag for weight reasons.

What's in YOUR fender bag?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Fender Bag Contents (Yo Dak!)

Post by bonehead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 pm

:amazon: a cell phone to call for a support truck cause i suck at changing tires :poser:

Besides YOU now have the square tire curse not I :fitz:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Honestly, I dont have a real plan/tool bag set-up. Yet
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Wolfman does make the BEST fender bag.
However for me I have found the extra weight working over the fender just bugs me so I stopped using mine.
I have the Wolfman enduro tank bag and just LOVE IT :thumbup:
I store (3) small spoons, hand pump, 21" tube and a complete tool wrap in my tank bag and like it much better than stuffing a fender bag. Just my opinion.
Oh, what ever you use wrap your spoons in a good cloth rag to avoid rubbing a hole in your tube :dirtdog:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 am

I don't always use a fender bag, sometimes I use a fanny pack to carry stuff or my Camelback pack. I also have small rear fender bags mounted on two bikes. It all depends on where I'm riding.

Standard kit is a 21" tube, two small spoons, CO2 inflator w/ 3 cartridges, tube patch kit and the correct wrench(es) for whatever bike I'm on. I usually always have a Gerber multi-tool, they are handy. Don't forget zip-ties.
Bruce

motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:20 am

I use a Moose front fender bag on the XR. The XR is so heavy, I don't even notice the bag. I carry a 21" tube, two tire irons, a 2nd wind CO2/hand pump, CO2 cartridges, patches, patch glue and the little thingamabob to rough up the surface for a patch. I carry the tire irons and the CO2 cartridges inside sections of old bicycle tube. It keeps them organized and protected. Oh, I also carry a small bar of soap from a hotel to mix with water for tire lube.

I wear a Fox fanny pack (cringe) with a carefully selected set of tools to fit the bike, as well as some other necessities. Duct tape, zip ties, TP, cash, plug, etc.

When riding in remote areas, my camelbak/backpack also contains waterproof matches, emergency blanket (the foil thingies) and water purifying tablets. all this is in a ziplock baggie which can be used to collect/purify/drink water. Fortunately, I've never needed any of that stuff.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap