I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Spring must be time for new toys

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Spring must be time for new toys

Post by RadioRyder »

Picked it up earlier this week. It's ready to ride right after I change the oil and replace gas. It's a 2008 that the previous owner bought new in 2009 as a leftover and only rode it 10 times. He is buying a sport bike, so I told him I'd take the YZ "off his hands". :loveit:

This will suit me much better than the DR-Z on gnarly off road non dual sport rides, not to mention at the track.
The attachment YZ250F_1_1.JPG is no longer available
YZ250F_1_1.JPG
Now to sell the 2 stroke 94 CRE260...hmmm...don't really want to, but low on shed real estate and money to maintain 3.
YZ250F_2_2.JPG
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: Spring must be time for new toys

Post by restukey »

Lucky dog, that looks like the condition of a bike in craigslist that was tempting me. I called the seller Thursday and he gave me the bad news. I got to ride one last week, and I really liked the front fork. Beats lofting the EXC in the air. Great little motor too. More than enough for me.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I used to have an 03. I used to really like it at this easy (non rocky) place I used to ride. Make sure you set up the suspension for offroad riding. Mine was terrible the first time I took it to go trail riding.
I always thought those 250s had plenty of power.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

restukey wrote:Lucky dog, that looks like the condition of a bike in craigslist that was tempting me
Thanks, I looked at a few on craigslist, but they were ragged out 06 & 07's. I took my time and made sure I didn't purchase someone else's "project".Wanted a ready to ride bike.

Changed the oil last night, and can't wait for the first time to get it out. :whoop:
Bucho wrote:Make sure you set up the suspension for offroad riding. Mine was terrible the first time I took it to go trail riding.
Well, I want to do both. I have a mechanic friend who repairs and sets up bikes for folks, so I'm gonna tell him what I want to do and see what adjustments need to be done. I have heard that lowering links help these bikes track through corners, not to mention lowers seat height for us vertically challenged. Plenty of room to lower the front a bit too.

And yes, these newer light bikes have plenty of power and you can really rev'em :roost:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S