I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Stooopid cagers

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Roadracer_Al

Stooopid cagers

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I was on my way to Maryland Metric (my favored supplier of metric stainless steel hardware) up in Reisterstown, a semi-skanky suburb of B'Mo. I was on the SuMo, riding down Liberty Road, and a fat black woman in a burgundy Lincoln (I only mention these details because the visual is firmly burned into my brain) pulled a left out of a parking lot right in front of me. When she saw me, she freaked and STOPPED IN MY LANE. Cow. :dirtdog:

At this point, all my hooliganing around with trying to back'er in like Mdubya paid off -- I hammered the front brake, and did a rolling stoppie for about 40 feet - the back end waving side-to-side, probably a couple inches off the deck. I got it hauled down about 10 feet before I center-punched the drivers door. Big clank/thud as the rear returned to terra firma. The lady's eyes were about as big as dinner plates, and she was recoiling away from the door, preparing for impact.

It would have been so fuckin' cool if I'd have done it ON PURPOSE, INTENTIONALLY! It's good to know I still have some of that Turn 1 @ Summit gene in me. :rickey:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Stooopid cagers

Post by mdubya »

Yikes! Man I hate riding in suburbia.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

What is important is you are okay and can ride again! :rickey: ... and work on the site's graphics :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

DAMN, DAMNKLRrider, crackin' the whip.

I just found the .zip file -- I thought you'd email it to me. D'oh.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:DAMN, DAMNKLRrider, crackin' the whip.

I just found the .zip file -- I thought you'd email it to me. D'oh.
My bad - it was too big to email
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

Roadracer_Al wrote: The lady's eyes were about as big as dinner plates, and she was recoiling away from the door, preparing for impact.
Al,
You should write romance novels. Good stuff, next time take a timeout to revel in the adrenaline buzz. It's the only thing that proves to me that I am alive anymore.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:DAMN, DAMNKLRrider, crackin' the whip.
:whip: :whip: :whip:

:dirtdog:
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hey, if it's all the same to you, I'll do movie scripts.

Heh... aderenaline buzz.... yup. It's getting to the point where if I don't ride with you guys, I don't push myself hard, so no buzz.

Al,
You should write romance novels. Good stuff, next time take a timeout to revel in the adrenaline buzz. It's the only thing that proves to me that I am alive anymore.[/quote]
Panther

Post by Panther »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I was on my way to Maryland Metric (my favored supplier of metric stainless steel hardware) up in Reisterstown, a semi-skanky suburb of B'Mo. I was on the SuMo, riding down Liberty Road, and a fat black woman in a burgundy Lincoln (I only mention these details because the visual is firmly burned into my brain) pulled a left out of a parking lot right in front of me. When she saw me, she freaked and STOPPED IN MY LANE. Cow. :dirtdog:

At this point, all my hooliganing around with trying to back'er in like Mdubya paid off -- I hammered the front brake, and did a rolling stoppie for about 40 feet - the back end waving side-to-side, probably a couple inches off the deck. I got it hauled down about 10 feet before I center-punched the drivers door. Big clank/thud as the rear returned to terra firma. The lady's eyes were about as big as dinner plates, and she was recoiling away from the door, preparing for impact.

It would have been so fuckin' cool if I'd have done it ON PURPOSE, INTENTIONALLY! It's good to know I still have some of that Turn 1 @ Summit gene in me. :rickey:
Too bad ya couldn't have dragged a peg across the bottom of her door or something to give her a memento of her stupidity.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yeah, I'll get right on adding a tail whip to that rolling brakie. :thumbup: