I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Ridge Pre-ride Pre-ride 3/9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Green Ridge Pre-ride Pre-ride 3/9

Post by Rut Row »

I did a pre-ride for the official Pre-ride on the 15th. :mrgreen: It was a bit chilly, particularly on top of the ridges. The ORV was closed, not that I planned on riding it. The access roads were close - reason unknown. Wasn't too much traffic out and I enjoyed playing with my new Garmin Zumo 550 :rayof:

I'm now ready for the pre-ride! :deal:
Attachments
GRSFRide.jpg
GRSFRide.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 7559 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Green Ridge Pre-ride Pre-ride 3/9

Post by mdubya »

I am a bit surprised the ORV trail was closed. It could be due to last nights storm; snow and downed trees. Did you try 15 Mile Creek Road? Did you get to hit any dirt roads at all?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:I am a bit surprised the ORV trail was closed. It could be due to last nights storm; snow and downed trees. Did you try 15 Mile Creek Road? Did you get to hit any dirt roads at all?
Nope and nope - I was starting to get cold and the temp was starting to drop. I wimped! :(
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

It looks like you went on Mountain Rd.! That was probably fun. It looked pretty gnarly when i went by on monday. I'm stoked for saturday. I got a little practice in yesterday and today on the cr250r and new parts coming for the xr650l tomorrow.

Have fun with the gps. I really like being able to keep track of rides, share routes etc.

Hows was the rear tire on the dirt roads today?
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Hows was the rear tire on the dirt roads today?
Not bad but then I was riding pretty conservatively - ie, slow. I'm hoping the get some IRG GP-1s before the official GRSF ride :brows:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Holy cow Ken, it was pretty cold today. I'm impressed. Was it icy?
I actually went for a road ride w/ my brother. About 200 miles up into PA and back. It was in the mid to high 20's all morning and about 32 degrees at 1245 when we stopped for lunch/warm up.
The route through the Michaux forest was really nice, but we had to keep the speeds low, cause of ice in a lot of spots. (I'd like to go back when its 30 degrees warmer)
Both of our road bikes have big fairings, and we each have at least some electrics. I don't think I would have made it on my dualsport.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Holy cow Ken, it was pretty cold today. I'm impressed. Was it icy?
No ice but plenty of water running across the road in unexpected spots (like blind turns). Cold? Well, Mom never accused me of being the smartest pup in the litter... :harhar:
Bucho wrote:I actually went for a road ride w/ my brother. About 200 miles up into PA and back. It was in the mid to high 20's all morning and about 32 degrees at 1245 when we stopped for lunch/warm up.
The route through the Michaux forest was really nice, but we had to keep the speeds low, cause of ice in a lot of spots. (I'd like to go back when its 30 degrees warmer)
Both of our road bikes have big fairings, and we each have at least some electrics. I don't think I would have made it on my dualsport.
I like Michaux. It is about an hour from my place. Will be riding there this year for sure. :deal:
Ken