I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Ridge ORV Lapfest 3/22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Re: Green Ridge ORV Lapfest 3/22

Post by chriskoz »

Oh man, you have no idea.
My DR was sputtering and wouldn't hold an idle, kept stalling going down hills, I would jump it to go back up. Eventually it wouldn't start. Phil, my new best friend, was extremely helpful. We tried to jump it. Some quads came along and tried to help. We decided to swap batteries, Phil and I. It worked for a brief minute, then my bike died again. We were about 2 miles from Mertens on the ORV loop, and another 7 miles to the ranger station. Phil offered to ride me back, 2 up. It was either that or push it. So off we went, me on the back. What a picture that must have been. Phil is a very skilled rider and got us out of there without issue. I was impressed, and scared out of my mind. If you don't know what I'm talking about, try riding on the back through the loop!!! Now that is an adventure.
So anyway, we got back to the station, and got my 2WD '84 F150, that I restored. It's no showpiece but the 300 I6 is a DAMN fine engine. I followed Phil back to the trail and in I went with the truck. Thank goodness we only had to go two miles. The truck handled like a champ. We went to the bike, it of course started right up, loaded it and back we went. There was one close call through a mud puddle, but it made it fine. It was one heck of a day. I appreciate Phil and his help, this is what this sport is about. Always an adventure.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

:harhar: Oh man, that's a good one. Wish I could see a photo of that ride of shame.

:cheers: Here's wishing you an easy fix for the DR.
Rob

XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The old F150 handled the orv surprisingly well, I think Chris rebuilt it w/ a few special mods or something.
Though Chris forgot to mention my awesome sidesaddle bumpstart and then continuing ride up an impossibly steep rocky hillclimb. I think I was doing a wheelie most of the way too. Maybe...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:The old F150 handled the orv surprisingly well, I think Chris rebuilt it w/ a few special mods or something.
Though Chris forgot to mention my awesome sidesaddle bumpstart and then continuing ride up an impossibly steep rocky hillclimb. I think I was doing a wheelie most of the way too. Maybe...
:worthless:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hey there -- sorry I just dropped out, my brother went into the hospital, and that took priority.

I put a 13 tooth front sprocket on, just to see how that would play. Stock is 15. I discovered that it hits the 10k rpm rev limiter at 81 mph --- up hill, down hill, tucked, sitting up --- not a good road choice. Plus, it sucks down the gas! Went onto reserve at 100 miles, down from about 140! Yikes. That's what I'll run for the dual sport ride, tho.

Dirt tires going on soon!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

No problem Al. Stuff happens.

I'm trying to do another Monday ride if you are available. I'm trying to talk a guy from work into going w/ me, (he has some giant quad), but he is giving me the maybe thing. So I think that means he is gonna call me Sunday night saying he is out.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Work's slow lately, ring me about this Monday. I only check this board once a day, if that.