2011 R and T trials events! 2 Days!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2011 R and T trials events! 2 Days!

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:I'm out. I can either go to GR for a last ride or to the trials event. Since there will be other trials events, I'm opting to ride GR for the last time.
Thats okay, Caleb and I will go represent.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:
Kyler wrote:I'm out. I can either go to GR for a last ride or to the trials event. Since there will be other trials events, I'm opting to ride GR for the last time.
Make sure he's wearing his DAMN jersey! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Bucho wrote:
I can't argue with that call!

Hopefully I'll get to meet Bucho and Caleb. I met a few of you at the SJER dual sport a couple of years ago, but it was very brief and I really don't recall who was there. I know Grady was there (I'd met him previously) and I think Kyler was there... Sallydog I met when he helped me drag my XR out of a deep rut... and I have no idea who else. :shrug:

It's looking like you'll want to bring an umbrella...
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Didn't go out in the rain on Sat, sorry I missed you Motojunky.
But showed up for a bit on Sunday. It was pretty neat. I did kinda fail on taking pics and videos, but I'll show the few I took. There was a really neat rocky section, that I totally forgot to take pics at.

These last two are short clips.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Any idea how many riders on sunday?
Very long drive for many of the D-6 regulars.
Good to see D-6 and D-7 sharing events again.
D-7 hosted some of my most enjoyable trials events, would be great to see D-7 grow stronger in trials again.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

i checked both days (both different "section 7"s)..

we had 27 riders saturday, which is really not bad at all considering all the rain we got that day..

sunday yelded 56 riders though the gate..

great turnout and even better good times! :thumbup:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Over 50 for Sunday :thumbup:
With the poor weather that is a great turnout.
60 - 80 is a great turnout for our event with perfect weather.
Myself and a few other locals are signed up for the trials school this summer at R&T, looking forward to it :ride:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

It was a hoot, but man, section 7 made me look like a DAMNed fool all day! I 5d it the first two times because I was too stupid to read the last course split at the end (I'd have had 3s both times anyway). I decided that on the last loop I would get a 3 or better if I had to walk the bike through the section and that's basically what I did. :lol2: I'd say it was the best 3 ever, but I got two of those on the first two loops in section 1 where I literally dragged the bike uphill by standing over it and "dabbing" one foot in front of the other all the way up the hill. I was too tired on loop 3 and took a 5. I gotta get the whole "momentum and wheel spin" technique out of my head.

I signed up for the 3 line this time, and I think it's the right place for now. I finished second (only 3 in my class) with 54 points and 11 cleans to the winner's 49 points and 9 cleans. 3rd place had 69 points and 5 cleans. I (and everyone else) dropped a LOT of points due to the slop, especially on the last loop when it was pouring (and I was beat from dragging my bike up hills). I really liked the section layout and overall terrain though, and would like to ride there in better conditions.

I thought there was mud at the last event. Nothing compared to this one! Took way too long this evening to get the bike cleaned up, and this was after it rode 2 hours home on the back of the truck in pouring rain.

It was also nice to meet damnrider cwbashaw and see brappp again. Good times indeed! :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap