I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ORV Realignment Meeting - Apr 7th!!!

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: ORV Realignment Meeting - Apr 7th!!!

Post by Grady »

So does this mean staford and e.valley will still be open to tagged vehicles for the reunion? Or at least the nothern half above mertens?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:So does this mean staford and e.valley will still be open to tagged vehicles for the reunion? Or at least the nothern half above mertens?

No, Stafford may be open but east Valley and the southern loop will be closed.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

stafford rd is a county road which can not be closed off by DNR to street legal motor vehicles cause its a county road, east valley is toast for anyone, period.

no ORVs (atvs or dirt bikes) at all in GR but dual sport bikes, jeeps ect are allowed on every legal road they got
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

When I started going to Green Ridge, parts of East Valley Road were almost part of a natural stream that ran right down the middle of it and sections were deeply rutted from the run off, very dangerous, especially if you were not prepared. I remember several people (motorcyclists) being injured in those ruts. They filled those in a few years back and put in drainage to reroute the runoff.

Is that the runoff they are concerned about?

I also remember parts of the trail being almost loamy, the soil. With all the traffic these days, it is just exposed rock.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

yes run off there is one concern but they go way beyond that scope, any trail will have to address what the enviros call a 0 tributary, that is every little V on a hillside that only has water when its raining or melting, thats going to be the real trick.

they said the scope, law and latest maps will be on the DNR website