I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by restukey »

I emailed someone at the AMA, not sure if anything will come of it. I'll try and followup with a call. They are involved in District 7 AMA if I recall correctly.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

The Green Ridge ORV Trail is currently open.

Per DNR web site. But, for how long?
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

just got off the phone with the newspaper guy - he was told by the DNR they were going to look at alternate routes at GR this week. He's trying to find out if they'll open that to selected reps from stakeholders.

Also, he's running another article tomorrow with heavy input from my reply to the DNR.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Nice job Ken...
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

Post by b3h »

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I just read through most of the replies on the DNR page, and WOW I'm shocked. Seems like hardly anyone sending in comments even noticed that they are closing 2 ORV trails while saying they'll try and open new ones. People just focused on opening new ones as if it would really happen.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:I just read through most of the replies on the DNR page, and WOW I'm shocked. Seems like hardly anyone sending in comments even noticed that they are closing 2 ORV trails while saying they'll try and open new ones. People just focused on opening new ones as if it would really happen.
agree - the 4x4 guys aren't helping us at all - the DNR will be able to say the overwhelming responses were from out of state for new sites.

and they still haven't posted the NVTR response - guess they can't stand that kind of scrutiny.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Whats the link to the comments on the DNR page?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ovo wrote:Whats the link to the comments on the DNR page?
http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/forests/orvreport.asp
Ken
dwdorr1

Post by dwdorr1 »

I got an email today from someone heading up the new ORV riding area committee. Is DAMNRiders nominating someone to represent us?