I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by restukey »

I really wish that we organized people to call public officials incessantly, so we actually get noticed. Keep calling and my preference would be during dinner, if I had a number. Calling any goverment office would be fine too. I would easily be good for a couple calls a day. Multiply that by anyone interested, and we get noticed quick. Since they are public servants, I think we'd have a lawsuit if they blocked are calls.

I sent in the letter electronically, and Greenridge didn't open backup, go figure. If they get 10 million electronic letters; it will just be 10 million filed.
TheAntiCrash

Post by TheAntiCrash »

A few post back there was comment on the Youtube videos of Greenridge and

the alleged illegal trail riding, and "wiseness" of posting such a video.

' guess no one has seen the dirt bike videos at the Baltimore Zoo ?? :roost:

It's still open ?? just sayin'
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Another article with some good information:

"There are environmental considerations,” said John Wilson, the agency’s statewide trails coordinator."

We need to work with this John Wilson

Send comments about trail management to ppeditto@dnr. state.md.us.

Another option for making our voice heard.

Please Read:
http://times-news.com/local/x598324077/ ... ail-closed

Greenridge is open Friday until April 23rd...I think we should try to

I wonder if an organized Dual sport - Off Road - ATV - 4x4 ride could be pulled off to show what GreenRidge means to the Recreationalist of Maryland and surrounding areas.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

SEND YOR EMAILS TO MR PETTIDO!!!!

the responses posted to date are almost all open new areas - VERY FEW about keep GR open!!!!!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I don't mean to bag on quads or quad riders, but the explosion in popularity of the four wheelers is what has caused the increase in use of the trails. I suppose they have as much right to use the trails as anyone, but if you ask me, that is where the huge increase in use has come from. You hardly even see motorcycles on the ORV at Green Ridge. Same case with Poplar Lick, which is a very short stretch of trail, very straight with only the 7 water crossings adding any sort of challenge.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

mdubya wrote:I don't mean to bag on quads or quad riders, but the explosion in popularity of the four wheelers is what has caused the increase in use of the trails. I suppose they have as much right to use the trails as anyone, but if you ask me, that is where the huge increase in use has come from. You hardly even see motorcycles on the ORV at Green Ridge. Same case with Poplar Lick, which is a very short stretch of trail, very straight with only the 7 water crossings adding any sort of challenge.
Be careful not to drink their Kool-Aid here, mdubya. It isn't that "too many" riders are on the ORV.... it's that there are riders on the ORV at all. What you are up against is a concerted effort to thwart an activity indicative of a lifestyle that the opponents of these ORV trails find repulsive.
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

I couldn't agree more. Kinda wish they would leave green ridge to motorcycles and open a new ATV section somewhere in Green Ridge or close by..

I used to own an ATV and they are mucho mucho fun....But I can see where they can tear up a trail a hell of a lot quicker than a bike.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
TheAntiCrash

Post by TheAntiCrash »

I'm not sure which, ATV or Motorcycle, has a more ground altering effect.

I believe PA's state forest ORV's only allow ATV's , for less effect??

The ORV's trail maintainance has degraded over the years, Stafford Road once got fresh gravel almost yearly.

The only recent road improvements came from logging operations it seems, did they check habitats disturbed then?

Anyway ,everytime I've been to Greenridge headquarters someone is purchasing passes for ORV.

I believe many , maybe 50 percent only use trail one day.

The "draw" of the trail, and camping on the ORV will be a significant loss

in revenue for the park and bussiness' in the area if closed.

This is right back up there with the alcohol ban of last years crap!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

ReardenSteel wrote:
mdubya wrote:I don't mean to bag on quads or quad riders, but the explosion in popularity of the four wheelers is what has caused the increase in use of the trails. I suppose they have as much right to use the trails as anyone, but if you ask me, that is where the huge increase in use has come from. You hardly even see motorcycles on the ORV at Green Ridge. Same case with Poplar Lick, which is a very short stretch of trail, very straight with only the 7 water crossings adding any sort of challenge.
Be careful not to drink their Kool-Aid here, mdubya. It isn't that "too many" riders are on the ORV.... it's that there are riders on the ORV at all. What you are up against is a concerted effort to thwart an activity indicative of a lifestyle that the opponents of these ORV trails find repulsive.
I understand and like I said not trying to point the finger.

Us dual sport types could benefit from the ORV only being open to tagged vehicles. :deal:

BTW-I am not much of a kool-aid drinker. Anyone who knows me knows I very much march to my own beat, for better or for worse. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Ovo wrote:

Greenridge is open Friday until April 23rd...I think we should try to

I wonder if an organized Dual sport - Off Road - ATV - 4x4 ride could be pulled off to show what GreenRidge means to the Recreationalist of Maryland and surrounding areas.
Where is this posted? And do the intend to charge for a sticker and close a week later?
Bruce