I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Title question for Virginians

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Title question for Virginians

Post by B DIRT »

Im asking my fellow DAMN riders first before I confuse the shit outta VA DOT worker,

Can I transfer a PA certificate of origin for a motorcycle to a person that lives in VA so they receive a VA state motorcycle title?

Heres the dilly yo, I am trading my ruckus which I have a certificate of origin for because I bought it out of state and never titled it in PA and Im selling it to a person living in VA and Im pretty sure it should transfer right over to them and then they will receive a VA state title in their name, does that sound correct??

Thanks guys :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Title question for Virginians

Post by Firebolter »

Rukus is 50 cc right? They have a different registration process for scooters versus bikes. But as long as you accompany with a Bill of Sale, should be no issue.
Lots of cool bikes---
RimBenty
DAMN n00b

Re: Title question for Virginians

Post by RimBenty »

I don't know the exact laws on scooters/mopeds but for ATVs & dirt bikes if you can prove ownership and that it has never been titled in another state they will give you a title for it.
Which a certificate of origin and a bill of sale will prove.