I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Joker
DAMN Expert

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by Joker »

Hey Kyler, do you think there is any chance we get get behind the pirate 4x4 movement offically and try to bring the mdjeepclub.org in on it too? I think if all the off-road clubs come together, wheather it be a dirtbike, atv, or truck club, we can really gain a lot of traction in fighting for a real MD trail system.

Plus if we promise votes we could get our way! :deal:
Ok I wont promise any votes but still!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Joker wrote:Hey Kyler, do you think there is any chance we get get behind the pirate 4x4 movement offically and try to bring the mdjeepclub.org in on it too? I think if all the off-road clubs come together, wheather it be a dirtbike, atv, or truck club, we can really gain a lot of traction in fighting for a real MD trail system.

Plus if we promise votes we could get our way! :deal:
Ok I wont promise any votes but still!
yes - I am trying to reach out to all the clubs - one solid front is best!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Agree having a cohesive and solid coalition is best, but I fear as long as we have these liberal MD folks in office, it is all for naught. But we should fight and try, don't get me wrong. I just wish we could get some smart folks in places of power in this state. It still amazes me how many "Sanctuary" cities are in Maryland. It's okay to be an illegal immigrant in MD, live 20 to a house, park all over the yard, streets etc. but you cannot be be a tax paying dirt bike rider.
Lots of cool bikes---
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Any news on AMA getting involved in this fight for our right to ride?
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

Post by b3h »

The AMA is aware of the situation. Suggest logging onto thier webpage and under contact send em a quick note, ask for a reply, and get everyone you know with an AMA mem # to send one too. The more AMA members they hear from the better the response IMO. They will be looking for a local point of contact (MD) at some point in time.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Chris Borger is a AMA rep and was at the meeting
I will post my draft comments (that NVTR will be sending) soo. You can pick/choose what you want to send.

Anyone living in Garrett or Allegheny County needs to contact their State reps and complain loudly.

I'm in a class all week that I need to keep my job so I'm somewhat distracted - more to come.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Attached is a PDF of the document I believe NVTR will be sending. Please feel free to use parts of it to customize your own submittal. Please reword so they aren't being spammed by the same document.

please start contacting your State Gov reps too - see http://mdelect.net/default.asp to fnd out who they are - and also write the reps in the Garrett and Alleghany counties to tell them how much money they'll be losing becuase you won't be riding there and spending $$$
Attachments
NVTR Response.pdf
(367.5 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ovo wrote:Posted in the Cumberland Times-News - Just an FYI

http://times-news.com/local/x1281095860 ... oad-trails

Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/md-eyes-a ... story.html
Thanks Ovo! I've reached out to the reporter - he said a follow-up would be in tomorrow's paper. I hope to chat with him tomorrow.
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kind of funny that neither articles mentioned that this was initiated by Owe Malley, nor do they mention the loging industry. Out of all the topics in play, seems like illegal riding was a focus. Perhaps more permits are sold because more people are riding legally since most of the illegal areas have either been developed or been cracked down on already. I doubt closing areas will force people to stop riding, I think it will just lead to even more illegal riding. Most people's major complaint in our area/state is the fact that there is already very little legal places to ride.