Hanging Rock ORV - Ohio -- May 14/15 2011???

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Hanging Rock ORV - Ohio

Post by mtd679 »

Road in the Wayne National Forrest Near Logan, if I recall correctly. I was told that Hanging Rock can be muddy and nasty. The place near Logan was nice, but we only had a short period of time to ride. I definitely want to go back there and check it out, and the AMA museum is about 45 minutes away.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:I haven't been there but if you wanna go just plan it on a weekend I am off and we can make it a DAMN road trip!!
what weekends are you off in May? I'll work something out with my brother to join us.
I am off the 14th-15th. Then I am on vacation but will be in MOAB!!!! :roost: :rayof: :loveit: :bandit: from the 21st to the 29th.

If you wanted to do it earlier or later I am off June 11th-12th. Earlier I guess would be the reunion ride or the 16th-17th of April.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Edit: Sometime between now and the first part of April my schedule is probably going to change so we may have to play it by ear a little.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris »

I am in. I have wanted to ride there for a while now. Just needed some company.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

I'll move this thread to trips/events -- target mid-May everyone and we'll tweak the date when WF gets his schedule.

and drag Jacob & Kurt along - need to see how that twerp can ride. :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Wingfixer wrote:
Kyler wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:I haven't been there but if you wanna go just plan it on a weekend I am off and we can make it a DAMN road trip!!
what weekends are you off in May? I'll work something out with my brother to join us.
I am off the 14th-15th. Then I am on vacation but will be in MOAB!!!! :roost: :rayof: :loveit: :bandit: from the 21st to the 29th.

If you wanted to do it earlier or later I am off June 11th-12th. Earlier I guess would be the reunion ride or the 16th-17th of April.
Dude, Are you sure the dates for Moab isn`t May 16-20? Your kill`n me :shrug:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Hanging Rock ORV - Ohio -- Mid-May 2011???

Post by Wingfixer »

Ah shit, yer right! We will be gone for Moab May 14th to the 22nd. So, the weekends I will be available for this trip in May are (for now) 28th-29th.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Ah shit, yer right! We will be gone for Moab May 14th to the 22nd. So, the weekends I will be available for this trip in May are (for now) 28th-29th.
Does May 28/29 work for everyone else? Might be a bit dryer then too.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I am going to request some help from you DAMN guys convincing DirtyGirl that after being gone to Moab for a week and a half its cool for me to take off for another weekend. She's very cool about this stuff normally. Maybe if we can bring the kids for a little camping? Do any of you guys know what the cabin rental situation in the area might be like?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I am going to request some help from you DAMN guys convincing DirtyGirl that after being gone to Moab for a week and a half its cool for me to take off for another weekend. She's very cool about this stuff normally. Maybe if we can bring the kids for a little camping? Do any of you guys know what the cabin rental situation in the area might be like?
This is an excellent idea - and no, but go to http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_e116.htm and http://fs.usda.gov/wayne you might get something there

and it also means I'll be needing someone to truck pool with - ahem...
Ken