I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7-Mountains Boom Boom or Bust! Saturday Sept 18th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 7-Mountains Boom Boom or Bust! Saturday Sept 18th

Post by Boom Boom »

waserman wrote:Mike do you run the trails tires both front and rear or a combination of tire types.I see that motorcycle super store has them on sale now for $72(rear) and $66(front) and I assume you run HD tubes with these.Do they hold up well on the street?I've seen guys use these in the past and the last time I used one was back in the early 90s at VFTR Moonshine Enduro. Thanks John
John I ran a trials tire on the front of a 200 KTM for a little while, worked like it is supposed to, sticking to off camber rocks and good for slick roots but overall it sucked. Zero ability to corner, on muddy and leaf cover trails it majorly sucked.
I like to run a tall sidewall knob on the front (less chance of pinch flats), MT-16 or one of the Scorpion series from Pirelli works fine for me and DOT legal.
UHD tubes in the back are fine but honestly I have had more issues with them than a common HD IRC tube. I do not waste the extra money on the UHD tubes any more.
If you are in good with a local dealer that handles Parts Unlimited, check with them on the tires, sometimes they run good specials on the Pirelli line and can beat that number by few bucks more plus no shipping charges. If Super Store is selling that tire for $72 shipping included then that is not bad to have dropped at you door.
As to tire life, I am well over 1,000 miles on this tire and only showing minimal wear. :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

trialsrider wrote:This was a lot of fun. But its very dangerous and everyone should stay away so that the next time we go we will not see another bike on the path for 80+ miles again :brows:

Instead of Pennsylvania, they should call it Pennsylrockania

Thanks Boom Boom for putting this together.
That trail traffic was killer.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
husky123

Post by husky123 »

Man it looks like I missed a good one! DAMN!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

husky123 wrote:Man it looks like I missed a good one! DAMN!
fixed... :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

I have got to visit this DAMN website more often.

We are doing a campout at 7Mts this weekend. In fact, I will be leaving in a few hours.

I have to wonder, which hilll are you refering to when you say THE HILL? Is it the one with the switchback to the left at the very bottom, or the one that climbs the bank on the left side of a fire road, just after the picnic area that PaTRA uses for their lunch break?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skyclad wrote:I have got to visit this DAMN website more often.

We are doing a campout at 7Mts this weekend. In fact, I will be leaving in a few hours.

I have to wonder, which hilll are you refering to when you say THE HILL? Is it the one with the switchback to the left at the very bottom, or the one that climbs the bank on the left side of a fire road, just after the picnic area that PaTRA uses for their lunch break?

The hill just past the picnic area, almost a u-turn to the left.
Things were still a bit wet for the ride last weekend and PaTRA ran the hill (down hill) as part of an option, many loose rocks and polished roots to get across for the climb.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

does anyone go to 7 mountains in the winter?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

joedirt wrote:does anyone go to 7 mountains in the winter?
That mountain gets plenty of ice.
The north side might not be so bad, however the rock climb on the south side would be very interesting.
Have been thinking about snagging a set of studded tires and giving it a try.
Will have to see how much $$$$ Mrs Boom Boom has remaining after the holidays.
If your bike is plated I honestly think the trails at 7-mountains would be a better attempt than Shade.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr