I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

bonjourno

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mcrdude897
DAMN n00b

bonjourno

Post by mcrdude897 »

Hello to every DAMN rider,

For years, I had believed the only semi-local dualsport group was the NVTR; I was wrong. My name's Mike and I'm an avid rider who prefers the dirt/street mix too. I've been splitting the last few years between school/apt in Towson and Germantown in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Green Ridge riding seems to be the norm amongst everybody; gots be be extra quiet now for hunting season. :target: Where else (close to the DC area) is there an true/legal dualsporting area? I've done all the tiny trails in Garrett county and want to avoid getting any "been there...done that" feeling at Green Ridge.

PS- Anyone's who's had troubles registering and titling bikes in MD....I feel your pain. You'll have all the required documents, but the MVA wants another that you've never heard of. Once you have the missing doc, it's then something else that they need. I'll probably tell of my many wild goose chases in some future post. Cheers.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: bonjourno

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

we have a pretty active group in the B'lmore area. No doubt they'll show you their secret stuff.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hang in there MCRDude. Sooner or later you will conquer MVA and walk away with a tagged bike.

Other then Greenridge there aren't a whole lot of close legal places to ride unless you know someone w/ large amounts of private property. Tasker's Gap is kinda fun down in VA, and there are some great places in PA that I have yet to ride.
Wait till spring when Granville has a riding weekend at his property out in Western Maryland, thats a personal favorite.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Bucho wrote:Hang in there MCRDude. Sooner or later you will conquer MVA and walk away with a tagged bike.

Other then Greenridge there aren't a whole lot of close legal places to ride unless you know someone w/ large amounts of private property. Tasker's Gap is kinda fun down in VA, and there are some great places in PA that I have yet to ride.
Wait till spring when Granville has a riding weekend at his property out in Western Maryland, thats a personal favorite.

Time to start thinking about dates for the B-day :kumbaya: and :whoop: . Feeling lucky enough to pick us a dry weekend?
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.