I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

greenridge

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

greenridge

Post by bonehead »

Can you get a ORV permit from the ranger? Would a stock 84xl600r pass the inspection? does it need anything in particular? My son and I are thinking about heding up Sat morning to ride for a while. He has a Honda Foreman 500 stock, Would that pass? Any help wopuld be appreciated.
thanks
Matt
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: greenridge

Post by Rut Row »

you get the permit from HQ and they don't do an inspection. have fun!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

just FWI, if you XL600 is street legal and has a tag you don't need a permit/sticker.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

they (DNR) dont care about inspections, any dirt bike that is not legally tag is OK to ride with a permit, permits are issuesd to anyone with a quad or dirt bike.

in MD they just want the money period, we get ripped off, its a crime nobody says no or ask where the money went, oh yeah beside the MVA training program and GR and for years never GR. I been paying since the 80s bet i could spend that money 10Xs better... in this state ...with many more benifiting
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

The Honda isn't tagged, yet. Only my KTM is tagged. I bought the honda for my sons first two wheeler. He has been riding 4 wheelers for about three-four years(always automatics no clutches until the Honda. My thinking was to throw the 2 Hondas in the truck and do some off road riding. We can switch between the 4 and 2 wheelers. This might help him get more used to the XL while he is having fun all around.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Just walk into the ranger station w/ the VIN numbers (and money), and they will give you the permits. Kinda sucks because the permit will expire on 1/1/11.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Went today with my son :loveit: . We had a great time. Not many other riders there. The honda was running a little rough and would only run with the choke partially on :frustrated: . Once we got going it did run good though :roost: . I was suprised I didnt put it down today since this was the first time off road since 1980s.
We also got the 2011 ORV pass which we will be using!!

Here is a pic my son shot when I had stopped to smoke a cigar.
Attachments
IMG_20101204_125102.jpg
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Nice picture...A little chilly out, but I bet you had a blast.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that is excellent that they allowed you to get a 2011 pass! :thumbsup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Ovoidious wrote:Nice picture...A little chilly out, but I bet you had a blast.
I wasn't cold until after the picture was taken. I put my helmet back on and it was cold as hell form my sweat. Good times.

I think I am going to to try to commute on the ktm for the rest of the month barring rain.