I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

country roads, take me home...

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: country roads, take me home...

Post by Junior »

Skied, you`r my hero :thumbup:.But, WTF! you can`t give a heads up when you go on a ride?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

It was kinda impromtu riding, wasn't sure when I was gonna leave on Monday or how much of the trail stuff I was gonna do. besides I doubt you would have had fun hanging about in Morgantown with the college kids all weekend. :freakey: Might try to put something together in October, depending on my work schedule. Nothing crazy, just an out and back ride with minimal back tracking. We'll see...
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I would be glad to host something out of here. I am definitely interested in the road/orv/trail you took off of Route 7 out of Morgantown. However, there is stuff like that all around out this way, in every direction. There is some great, fun, beautiful stuff around the Rowlesburg, WV area which is not far from here at all.

The Savage River area is as beautiful as it gets. That is where I do my local riding. It is literally in TyMarp's back yard.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skierd - you should connect with mdub and we could just do back roads to Oakland, ride around there and back
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

skierd wrote:It was kinda impromtu riding, wasn't sure when I was gonna leave on Monday or how much of the trail stuff I was gonna do. besides I doubt you would have had fun hanging about in Morgantown with the college kids all weekend. :freakey: Might try to put something together in October, depending on my work schedule. Nothing crazy, just an out and back ride with minimal back tracking. We'll see...
Sure, What ever :cheers:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

Sometimes it's best to ride alone. You can stop whenever, take a questionable trail or whatever. Thanks for the pics skierd. For us who can't get out the pics are nice. I am planning on a cecil county ride soon, route still unknown. :bandit:
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

dmar wrote:Sometimes it's best to ride alone. You can stop whenever, take a questionable trail or whatever. Thanks for the pics skierd.:
Yea, But, I can still give a college puke a hard time :jack:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

I'd love to find that Bridge! Nice place to swim there I bet. I went to college in Frostburg and love Big Run and Savage River State Forest area. Poplar Lick is a cool little road with lots of little Fordings. Big Run and the road to Luke WV alone the Savage River is Awesome! Nice camping throughout the area but my favorite places are along Poplar lick rd. Used to be two nice country stores in the area. Western MD and esp. going into WV the roads area awesome for riding.

I just picked up my first dirt bike or wanna be anyway, DR650 with SM 17" wheels. Going to slap the 21 back on soon with some knobs and try and find some cool dirt roads.