I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Coudersport PA DS weekend - Sept 4- 9th -UPDATED

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Coudersport PA DS weekend - Sept 4- 9th -UPDATED

Post by Skinny-J »

xrochester wrote: A little local knowledge can go a long way. I met a guy named Keefer from Wellsboro a couple years ago who claims to know trails as far as the eye can see. He's actually a funeral home director/owner in Wellsboro. I'm going to get in contact with him again to see if he can help.

I'd love to join you guys in Coudersport if I can get away for a day. If you can remember before you leave, drop me an email with directions and any contact info for the cabin: xrochester@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jim

PS - I put together a 'best of' PA Grand Canyon page in a futile attempt to get some of my old riding buddies psyched up to ride: http://www.rochesternet.com/rides/dirtroads/
Jim,

That is an awesome pictorial; now I can't wait to get back there! And I would love to get Keefer the funeral home director's local knowledge of the area, I am sure he know of some "gems".

I am heading to the beach all next week, and then when we get back, straight to Coudersport so if I am MIA for a while; its cool, we are definitely still on! I will shoot you directions to the cabin this weekend.

Thanks
Jay
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

B DIRT wrote:Hey Jay thats close to home so maybe I might ride up that way next weekend :thumbup:
Brian,

Great, drop in any time; and bring all the dirt-bagz. I'll shoot you directions to the cabin this weekend.

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Okay - so what are the dates for this ride next year? Maybe a private DAMN tour by xrochester and Skinny-J?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote:Okay - so what are the dates for this ride next year? Maybe a private DAMN tour by xrochester and Skinny-J?
That would be SWEET! The cabin belongs to my boss so with just a few weeks notice, assuming no body eles has reserved it, I can get it for our personal use at zero cost; you tell me when!

The Alegenheny National Forest (AFN) is also within a few hours drive of the cabin and I have read about an extensive ATV trail sytem that can be ridden for a nominal fee so I want to go back and do some more off-roading stuff as well...

The slogan on the sign when you cross into Potter county (where the cabin is located) is "Welcome to God's country"; and they are right, the beauty of this area rivals all the places I have been....
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

How was the ride?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Grugan Hollow Rd, Long Shore Scenic Drive, Kinzua Bridge, Portage Road, 2 flat tires, 70 in a 25 on dirt, River Rd through Cooks Forest, Hyner View, Wycoff Run Road; Man oh Man you had better make it up next year for more than the morning!

On the flip side, my “Guide to Moab Utah Backroads and 4-Wheel drive Trails” showed up in the mail while we were in Coudersport; tick- tock, tick-tock baby…….
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I hope that "70 in a 25 on dirt" was not description of a performance award. I will definitely try to make the whole week next year, depending on my schedule, as always.

I am counting down the days till Moab, just waiting for the vacation bid awards so's I know what week I have off.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.