I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BigBird sighting!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

BigBird sighting!

Post by Wingfixer »

I am on my way to see Bucho race the side car at Summit Point, west bound on I70, and I spotted a big yellow 'wing in the east bound lanes. That big yellow machine is hard to miss.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: BigBird sighting!

Post by BigBird »

Yes BigBird is rather NOTICEABLE!

BigBird and crew REALLY stood out this weekend as we went on Saturday and Sunday rides with the MD Sportbike Riders and were the ONLY non crotch rocket and the only bike riding 2 (or 3) up.

These folks were letting the testosterone flow in the twisties (especially Saturday) and were pretty skeptical of BigBird tagging along - UNTIL we started actually riding and they saw that the Bird CAN fly when it wants to. :ride:

We were hanging right in with one of the fast groups all day :loveit: until the very end of the day when they REALLY REALLY wicked it up and we dropped back a little (fortunately) as 5 of them then ran off the left side of the road on a right hand turn :nono: and one bike (CBR 1000) was possibly totaled and the rider is in the hospital with a broken femer, etc!

The Sunday ride was a little tamer (and tamer than BigBird likes) but BigBird, Bandit & Gail made LOTS of friends amoung the guys on those "little" bikes.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:lol2: :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

There is some video of BigBird starting at the 3 minute point of this

but the guy filming is in a Ninja 250 and he gets so far behind by about 5:30 in that you can't see BigBird anymore. All the rest of the folks on the ride are on 600 or 1000 crotch rockets.

sam of GAIL, Bandit & Sam
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BB leaves DC sportbike riders in the dust on a GoldWing 2-up!

doesn't say much about the sport bike guys, eh?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Let's get some sumo riders out there and see what happens! :roost:
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:BB leaves DC sportbike riders in the dust on a GoldWing 2-up!

doesn't say much about the sport bike guys, eh?
In fairness BB only left about the slower half of the sportbikers behind.
BB was having to work pretty hard :whip: in spots to keep up with the faster guys!

In fact BB COULDN'T keep up with the fastest 4 or 5 guys when they REALLY wicked it up at the end!
But then again they couldn't keep it on the asphalt at the end (even using the "extra/oncomming" left lane on the last right hand curve) :nono:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Three summers ago I did a ride with 6 other guys out west. I was on a SuperHawk and the rest where on FJR's a Ducati ST3 and a Hyabusa, and one Gold Wing. The Gold Wing was being ridden by a 67 year old retired doctor, it was a rare thing for any of us to get more than 1/4 mile ahead of him. I later found out he also has a ZX-10 and an 1198. Still, for what we nick named the battleship, that bike and the rider put on an impressive performance.

Keep me in mind next time you have one of these rides queued up, I try to never miss a chance to wear down the sides of the tires on the connie!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.