I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Kath

Re: 2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Post by Kath »

What I've learned from my DAMN weekend is this. Almost doesn't count and men would like you to believe that a few inches is really a foot.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

I'm glad there's no rubber ducky award for those that stop mid-stream but don't drop their bikes.

On a similar note, there was some interesting conversation at Bucho's Pit Stop. I think we need to get a little more creative with these awards. The Golden Snorkel Award folks should have to carry a gold-painted snorkel to club events or face consequences (paddling, buying beer, etc).
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:... and men would like you to believe that a few inches is really a foot.
you are just now learning this? :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kath wrote:What I've learned from my DAMN weekend is this. Almost doesn't count and men would like you to believe that a few inches is really a foot.
:harhar:

Kath you looked like a pro in the water crossing vid. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

First off i had a great DAMN time!!! Think you HHR for putting this ride together. Of couse i forgot my camera.

Day one! Nice pace, But i really liked the trail going over the mountain i`m so glad we went back up and found that other trail. The other side was super cool and yea we kinda had to mooooove some cows to get throught. Now, I not intimidated buy cows, But when a big heffer turned to stand her ground, I it was time to go :roost: :bull:. Anyway we made it. On a personal note i wanted to go back up b/c I dig rocks and i`m still sore with myself for not doing the options at the dabbers ride.

Day two :knary: ( Note: if you sitting in a group and wingfixer motions you to go after bucho. All i`ll say is it`s gon`a be fun) :roost: So the first half of Sunday was fast. I had alot of fun. On one stretch of ride the big DR was actually running out of motor(time for the tuner to get to work). My bro had a small get off, but no big deal. No harm no foul. Now speaking of fowl i come around a turn and there`s a turkey standing in the road. I guess it was still stuned from being hit by wingfixer. I slide and i think it bounce off my skid plate :shrug: it ran off into the wood with it`s friends. After that and a road race down some awesome pavement it was time to slow down. I pushed my luck enuff for one day. The ride home sucked ass!!!! long, hot and boring.

Thanks to all!!!! I had fun, so did my brother
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Since a couple of y'all asked about it here's the jack stand I have:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380877

There's another version made by another inmate too apparently that I found by searching the vendor's forum on ADV

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538235

Either would probably work equally well.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Bucho wrote: Hey Chris, we know it takes time to edit/load your helmet cam footage, but you know we are all dying to see it.
Working on it now....
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
spotster

Post by spotster »

What a great DAMN ride. Thanks to HHR, Kyler and anyone else involved for putting together a fun trip. I spent my time after the water crossing on my own little adventure ride but I still had a DAMN good time. Was the Squirrel road with the gravel and crown FS344? The route I took from the gps took me down FS344 and I do not remember it being particularly bad. I did have my pressure way down and I followed the speed gives you control theory. It worked for me. Anyway it was a beautiful road. Nice and quiet. The other roads on the route were great too. After I got home I reviewed the gps route part 2 against a map and it appears I missed a bunch of the little back roads. I am disappointed to have missed them and also the fun of riding with the group. I apologize to those who were concerned for my whereabouts. I did try to call but my signal was not there at all.

Sunday was a great ride with Joe, Kath, Philip and Drew. We went through Dolly Sods and the overcast sky kept us cool for quite a while. As we closed in on Harpers Ferry it became unbearably hot. Some nice people at a gas station share a bag of ice with us. It made a big difference to me. It cooled me off enough for the final push home.

I've posted elsewhere the details of my 777 goat path adventure. Great path but I shoulda ridden it with others. I look forward to another 777 ride in the future. Also I am thinking of returning to WVA when it gets cooler to go on some forest service road rides. If anyone is interested in revisiting WVA soon, let me know.
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

spotster wrote: Also I am thinking of returning to WVA when it gets cooler to go on some forest service road rides. If anyone is interested in revisiting WVA soon, let me know.
I'm planning on going down to the Cass/Boyer area in early/mid October for some d/s riding.
Spicerider
DAMN n00b

Post by Spicerider »

:roost: :roost:

I'll chime in with the "I had a great time" chorus as well.

Some great fire road riding, camaraderie, a few cold beers....

Now if there was only a good way to get from WV to Catonsville, without sitting in traffic, or dying on the freeway.

It was great to meet everyone, I'm looking forward to my next DAMN ride!!

:thumbup: :cheers: :whoop:
Catonsville, MD
15 Tiger 800 XC X
Dual Sport capable mount needed
:cheers: