I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN lucky

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Louge

DAMN lucky

Post by Louge »

My pilot jet has been one size too small for awhile. It was perfect for the uncored pipe I sold to Boom Boom's bud but too lean for the cored pipe on the bike now. I changed it out yesterday albeit with some drama.

Pull the tank, rotate the FCR and pull the bowl.
WTF ... DAMN!

The float retention pin slid off into never-neverland behind the starter. Expletives and magnetectomies failed to make it reappear. I opted not to pull the starter and overflow tank.

Hmmm, this 3/32 drill bit fits almost perfect. HMMM, this coat hanger fit even better. I reassembled the bike with the coat hanger and started it up. Yep, the 45 pilot feels and sounds much better.

I headed out into this beautiful day low_GATT (helmet, gloves, shorts, T-shirt and tennies) The bike is running near flawlessly with a slightly deeper note and only a hint of backing down through the pipe now.

Tink . tinktink
Hmmm, what was that?

Tink . tink .tinktink . tink
Hmmm, that doesn't sound like the chain binding and its only happening at low speeds.

Tinktink . tink . tink
I pulled up to a light and looked down ... HOLYSHIIIT, the sidestand spring was MIA.

(mental bulb illuminating) tie-wraps!
Whoops, no tool bag either.
Ahhh, hello tennie laces and swiss army knife.

Great ride today and DAMN lucky not to have pogoed off into oblivion. :angel:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN lucky

Post by B DIRT »

I love it man :thumbup: do what works to keep riding
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: DAMN lucky

Post by Rut Row »

Ya, what he said! at least you didn't hole a piston! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris