I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Hey, this is only a month away now. I'm starting to worry that I don't have waterproof boots! I better look into a solution. The 606's will be here this week though. :)
waterproof boots? :harhar:

like that will help? :jack:

:shrug: :screwy: :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

btw, I ordered one of these for the KTM - I'll be DAMN'd if I'm staying in a hotel! :censored:

In orange, of course! :brows:

Coyote Saddlebag™ by Giant Loop
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

I just saw that on the XT225 forum! I was looking for what people do for saddlebag brackets for this wee bike and someone posted a pic of that tubey thing on their XT. It looks pricey though. I think I'm going to try what a few others did and get some bicycle panniers from Walmart for $25. They even said the heat shield on the pipe works fine for keeping them from melting.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:I just saw that on the XT225 forum! I was looking for what people do for saddlebag brackets for this wee bike and someone posted a pic of that tubey thing on their XT. It looks pricey though. I think I'm going to try what a few others did and get some bicycle panniers from Walmart for $25. They even said the heat shield on the pipe works fine for keeping them from melting.
not doing your part to stimulate the economy, eh? :amazon:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm gonna carry my gear in a trash bag duct taped to the back of the bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:I'm gonna carry my gear in a trash bag duct taped to the back of the bike.
Sweet! I wish I had the balls for that, I am getting a rack for the dizzer but I will follow behind you and pick up the stuff that falls off. :poser:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I'm gonna carry my gear in a trash bag duct taped to the back of the bike.
Bucho gets 10 extra style points! :loveit:
Ken
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Wingfixer wrote:
Sweet! I wish I had the balls for that, I am getting a rack for the dizzer but I will follow behind you and pick up the stuff that falls off. :poser:

LOL...

FYI - This ride will happen come hook or by crook.. if something happens to the XR (unlikely) I will put offroad tires on the 990...

I got spousal approval for this when I posted it - which was what January.... Anyhooooo, one of my wife's relatives decided to plan a 60ieth Wedding Anniversary/85 B-Day party for her Grandfather/Grandmother - Even tho I told them in advance that it was a NO-GO for me - and possibly us - as trying to do 10 hours in a car to Maine by oneself for my wife is a PITA with a one year old... She's now going to fly...

Anyway, the spousal unit is being a champ, she knows that A. I got permission in advance B. it's my ride... I told the extended family I couldn't make it on said date - and they planned it anyway... :nono: so it's TFB for them... It might seem harsh, but I had pre-arranged plans that were scheduled 7 months in advance, and I have others who have scheduled vacations or off work - etc.... It annoys me that they went ahead anyway - She (Spousal unit) understands and gets it (she's a keeper).... However, this means - that unless I am dying - and I mean impending death is inimient - not that I simply don't feel well - I must make this ride to avoid spousal unit wrath... Basically, as long as I go and do it - all is good, but if I bail (and am NOT dying) she will have my balls.

Basically....

It's on, like donkey kong....

Updated GPS routes will be done within the next week (not very different from what's allready been done)....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:However, this means - that unless I am dying - and I mean impending death is inimient - not that I simply don't feel well - I must make this ride to avoid spousal unit wrath... Basically, as long as I go and do it - all is good, but if I bail (and am NOT dying) she will have my balls.
and we'd carve up what's left. :dirtdog:

The annual 777 ride is not optional! :nono:

This is a true test of man (and woman) against the machine, a test of willpower against nature, a test of fortitude and perseverance in the face of HHR's navigation skills! :amazon:

:peep:

dude, we'd kick you ass if you backed out now... :target:
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Any thoughts/plans on where we are all meeting up to start this adventure?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.