I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moving on

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
code
DAMN Poohba

Re: Moving on

Post by code »

JaxObsessed wrote: At the moment, I can't think of a better single bike for what I do.
Should I point all the other "better" options out to you :amazon: :peep: :amazon: :poser:

I've struggled over bikes since the day I started riding. At first merely based on looks, since I had no prior knowledge. The more riding I did, the more I whored my friends bikes, the more I realized "what I was missing". On the same token, I realized that there is no "perfect do it all bike". Anyone that says there is, is simply kidding themselves. Every year I sold a bike and bought another since the beginning. The 08 strom for me was "the bike". Again, heavy, but it made me grin every time I swung my leg over it. 16k miles within a years time...call it irony, but the accident I had on the bike left a sour taste in my mouth for the strom. I know it's not the bike, but couldn't get past the "head games". Even though I bought another bike this past weekend to replace my 07 strom (which just sold the other weekend), I can say completely honest..the strom is / was the best bike for me & my needs. I probably would've ran that 08 til the engine went up, instead I ran it in the ground, literally. :wallbash: Am enjoying the new ride far more then I thought I would've and the competition this round (which I swore I would've ended up with) probably would've gotten me into far too much trouble. I have no self control nor can I resist temptation.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

1995 XR250R
2001 Harley Davidson 1200 Custom
1999 Yamaha YZR6
2001 Yamaha YZR6
1999 Yamaha YZ250
2003 Honda CRF230
2003 Yamaha 250F
2002 Suzuki DRZ400E
2004 Yamaha YZFR1
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
2009 BMW G650GS
Verbally purchased this week 2001 Honda XR650L

And I may have missed one. :roost:

I've looked at the strom and come close. I've looked at the KLR and come close. I've owned all the above models (ask about my past cars) and miss them all... maybe not all but most. I don't think you can have one "do it all" bike, shit I don't think you can have two. I literally would need 3, a sport bike, a long distance touring bike, and a dirt/trail bike. Maybe I should stop spending all this money on all these models and focus on moving out of my townhouse and into something with a garage! :beathorse:

oddley enough after all these years I've never owned a 4 wheeler?

The one thing I love, is sharing with fellow enthusiast. ya know we're all a little crazy.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

code wrote: Even though I bought another bike this past weekend to replace my 07 strom (which just sold the other weekend)
So, why you holding out on us? :eyes:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Threw it up on CL for 1K more than the dealer offered. Got lucky and sold it yesterday for my asking price. That makes it a little easier.

Now, time to go buy this XR.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

FOX8505 wrote:Threw it up on CL for 1K more than the dealer offered. Got lucky and sold it yesterday for my asking price. That makes it a little easier.

Now, time to go buy this XR.
:thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »