I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's Gap is open for the season

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
niknoid

Re: Tasker's Gap is open for the season

Post by niknoid »

I'm thinking about hitting Taskers this Sat. (5th). This will be my first trip there.

What are the preferred lodgings in the area if I don't camp?
I'm new to this trail riding business, are there areas I should avoid?

Thanks much.

Nik
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Taskers is alot of fun and very rocky. There is a camp ground at one end of petersmill trail I can't remeber the name it's primative but nice. There is one trail at the upper parking lot that gose up along the road if your new to trail riding i would avoid it. There are some very long very big rocky sections. If your new to riding trails and want to come out I will be at greenridge saterday riding my atvs. It's alot easyer then taskers but still alot of fun and about the same ditance away.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

niknoid wrote:I'm thinking about hitting Taskers this Sat. (5th). This will be my first trip there.

What are the preferred lodgings in the area if I don't camp?
I'm new to this trail riding business, are there areas I should avoid?

Thanks much.

Nik
Sorry, I can't help w/ lodgings, I've only made day trips there.
The Peters Mill, out and back trail is relatively easy. I would start with that trail. There are some really rocky trails and total rock garden sections that might not even be fun if you aren't used to them. Check the maps when you get there and avoid the difficult sections. I'm assuming you are going w/ someone. Just don't go alone, and if the trail gets too rocky, then turn around and head back to an easier part.
I've only been there about 4 times and still haven't done all the trails yet.
Goodluck and have fun.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200