I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

My other guilty pleasure

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
CapoGreg

My other guilty pleasure

Post by CapoGreg »

I'm sure you guys know, life can't be ALL about motorcycles. So today, I grabbed my camera and took a few photos of my other guilty pleasure. Nothing from the air because the camera fell off the back seat and I couldn't reach it. I had to take off in a light crosswind, since the grass strip is closed, and managed to hold a perfect runway heading during climbout...my instructor even commented that he couldn't have done it any better himself. I'm not sure if he was serious, or blowing smoke, but either way it made me feel good. Same thing on landing, nice and stable on final, held it right in line with the runway all the way to the ground.

Enough words though, time for some pics.

Me and my better half

A Stearman that landed right after we parked.

Roadracer_Al

Re: My other guilty pleasure

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I've heard it said that motorcyclists make particularly good pilots because we're already accustomed to thinking in 3 axes. Roll is obvious - we lean into turns. A good sense of pitch is pretty critical if you aspire to be a stunta doing brakies and wheelies. Yaw... if you don't think motorcycles yaw, just ask Mdubya about backing in.

Personally, civil aviation is too regulated for my personality type (and correctly so given the chaos & carnage possible with an airplane), --- I'd go nuts with all the paperwork.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

way cool! we have several pilots here. I have quit flying (can't afford it) but just loved flying a J-3 I rented at Frederick.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I thought about taking my GoPro with me, but I'll wait until after I get my ticket.

Al, I'd believe that motorcyclists make better student pilots. We do already think in 3 axes, plus we tend to look ahead and anticipate changes rather then reacting to them when they happen.

As far as rules, they can be a pain, but I'm addicted to anything with an engine, so it's worth the hassle to me.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Holy shit I wanna fly :thumbup: Dude swing by and pick me up!!
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

I'm also guilty. Like Ken, i've placed the funds elsewhere... but do miss it dearly.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Nice Greg. :thumbup:

That biplane is beyond cool. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

As a kid I got to be a passenger a couple times in a small seaplane. I liked the flying but always like the water landings.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Cool! I'll go with... but only if I can jump out! :lol2:

Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...