I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shes comin togetha ....added another video....

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Nocturnal XR

Re: Shes comin togetha

Post by Nocturnal XR »

hondahawkrider wrote:
Nocturnal XR wrote:I soooo miss all the vw I had.....

Looks good B................. :thumbup:
I kinda miss my Gen 2 GTI - first year of the Golf GTI (1.8L pre 16V) vs the Rabbit GTI.. It was a great car.. However, the I got with it I could do without.. (Fleeing and Eluding, Reckless and 3 seperate ticket for running stop signs, and that was just one stop :brows: ) ... I have driven a number of full out sportscars/sedans since owning it, but have rarely found such a combination that did everything so effortlessly- from daily commuting, autocrossing, backroads blasting, to long trips - etc... I'd own another in a hearbeat, if I thought my insurance wasn't going to get jacked...
HHR
I hear ya..........had a MK4 1.8T and it would hand Mustang 5.0 their ass's..... :thumbup:
Man I miss that car.............
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Shes comin togetha ....added another video....

Post by zooom »

makes me really miss my old MK2 Scirocco...a 1987 16V that had a 9A 2.0 Block with an ABA crank and a PL1.8 head with a Schrick 256 intake cam and cat back TecTonics exhaust with Borla mufflers and H&R springs with Boge Turbo gas struts and shocks....had a 4K trans put in with the extra tall diesel 5th gear that made that thing just sail at 80 with ease...

so BDirt, is that a 1.8 solid lifter head?...and nice old MK1 Scirocco steering wheel BTW...which carb set-up are you using?
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: Shes comin togetha

Post by hondahawkrider »

Nocturnal XR wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:
Nocturnal XR wrote:I soooo miss all the vw I had.....

Looks good B................. :thumbup:
I kinda miss my Gen 2 GTI - first year of the Golf GTI (1.8L pre 16V) vs the Rabbit GTI.. It was a great car.. However, the I got with it I could do without.. (Fleeing and Eluding, Reckless and 3 seperate ticket for running stop signs, and that was just one stop :brows: ) ... I have driven a number of full out sportscars/sedans since owning it, but have rarely found such a combination that did everything so effortlessly- from daily commuting, autocrossing, backroads blasting, to long trips - etc... I'd own another in a hearbeat, if I thought my insurance wasn't going to get jacked...
HHR
I hear ya..........had a MK4 1.8T and it would hand Mustang 5.0 their ass's..... :thumbup:
Man I miss that car.............
:thumbup:

There was Mk1 Scirocco at Import Carlisle this past weekend in great shape.. He's was the 2nd owner and owned it for 24 years... I kept walking back to it again.. and again...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Yo zooom your rocco sounds like it was seriously badass man :thumbup: Ive had aton of dubs and my mk1 has basically been stock besides springs, shortened struts, braided brake lines, eurosport upper and lower front stress bars and rear upper bar, euro daul outlet manifold with techtonics daul downpipe and techtonics 2.5" exhaust, Jamex 3 point seat belts and the engines mostly stock. I just pulled the CIS and bolted on a weber downdraft carb and shes running better than ever. Pulls really nice and sounds great. If it turns into a hobby like in the past it will probally get a side draft setup on a 16v head 2.0 bottom but ........ thats money :shrug: Right now the car has 305k on it and the engine was rebuilt at 245k when I spun a bearing and busted the piston skirt off one of the pistons, I had continued to drive it with little power loss for two weeks after thinking it was a valve spring that broke :thumbup: But that was a long time ago and its been parked for the past 5 years.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

zooom wrote:...and nice old MK1 Scirocco steering wheel BTW...
I might be wrong, but I thought those wolfsburg wheels were stock for some MK1 GTI's also. :shrug:
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

Grady wrote:
zooom wrote:...and nice old MK1 Scirocco steering wheel BTW...
I might be wrong, but I thought those wolfsburg wheels were stock for some MK1 GTI's also. :shrug:
nope...not that I've ever seen...Rabbits came with the plastic one that had the single bar across from 8oclock to 4oclock and the GTi's came with a 4spoke steering wheel that had the center rectangular insert that generally had the VW emblem in it or when it was on other cars, had other imprints on it.
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.