I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

pocomoke orv - closed indefinitely

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
skierd
DAMN Expert

pocomoke orv - closed indefinitely

Post by skierd » Sun May 23, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm sure 401dan won't cry much about this one, but tip of the iceberg yada yada yada... I went down the ocean this weekend and stopped by Pocomoke on the way home. Found lots of sandy dirt roads and more small side trails than I could count at least. At the visitor center they were taking names and phone numbers of people interested in keeping the trails open, so I left my info. If anyone is interested in stopping the DNR from closing the ORV system now might be the time to speak up as I can only imagine this is a test run...
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change

zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Re: pocomoke orv - closed indefinitely

Post by zamobro9 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 pm

i contacted 'em they said it came down to $$$$ state budget blah blah blah :foul: :rant: :frustrated:

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 pm

zamobro9 wrote:i contacted 'em they said it came down to $$$$ state budget blah blah blah :foul: :rant: :frustrated:
Hopefully the cut backs will include policing of the trails. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd » Sun May 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I will say that the trail head was gated off, at least to the trees closest to the trail entrance. Just past that however... :angel: No more quads.. no more jeeps... :rayof:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun May 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I've never been there. Heard it wasn't really the best offroad place, but there are so few legal places to ride its a shame to see any of them shut down.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Mon May 24, 2010 12:31 pm

My one and only experience with Pokomoke was a few years back. Montgomery County was forecast to barely break into the high 30's with Green Ridge as cold or colder. The Eastern Shore was forecast to make it into the mid 50's. My buddy and I loaded up and headed across the bridge. The 2 lasting impressions were the huge waist deep puddles (they were more like fair sized ponds) and long, long stretches of sand whoops. We had a blast that day. I wouldn't make that trek just to ride the place, but with favorable weather conditions, the drive was more than worth it to get some late winter ya-ya's out.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC