I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN soft luggage.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN soft luggage.

Post by Bucho »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Pix of the luggage & damage.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p672017916
Holy crap! Thats a lot worse then what I was picturing in my head.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:
Kyler wrote:Tree Hugger - I like it! :thumbup:

Please note that bouncing off of a tree and sliding under a downed tree doesn't count... :dry:
It DAMN well does count! Anything involving a tree should be in, right Maximus?
Is this where I get to exercise my rights as site admin? :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Pix of the luggage & damage.

http://alanzina.zenfolio.com/p672017916
Fookin' impressive. That'll buff out. Seriously. :lol2:
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yup, in fact, I just finished buffing out the pipe with a Scotch Brite wheel in the drill press. It's never going to look factory again, but good enough.

Man, KTMs sure are different to work on than Japanese bikes...

Bucho, for some reason, that's gratifying to know that it's not just me being fire-phobic, this was a serious incident.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Roadracer_Al wrote:

KTM's are very "torque wrench" sensitive, seriously, on 6mm bolts and such on the cases, USE A TORQUE Wrench, the cases seem to be a little softer than others bikes in my experience. Seems the aluminum is a little softer than most. Either that or I am a strong mofo when I am working on my KTM's!
Lots of cool bikes---
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Firebolter wrote:
Roadracer_Al wrote:

KTM's are very "torque wrench" sensitive, seriously, on 6mm bolts and such on the cases, USE A TORQUE Wrench, the cases seem to be a little softer than others bikes in my experience. Seems the aluminum is a little softer than most. Either that or I am a strong mofo when I am working on my KTM's!

Best line I ever heard considering a KTM ... "If you want to ride a supermodel, you gotta give her more attention"
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Firebolter wrote: KTM's are very "torque wrench" sensitive, seriously, on 6mm bolts and such on the cases, USE A TORQUE Wrench, the cases seem to be a little softer than others bikes in my experience. Seems the aluminum is a little softer than most. Either that or I am a strong mofo when I am working on my KTM's!
I don't think I want to know how you acquired this knowledge.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely have to get a new, small torque wrench. And a shop manual.

BTW, can I just bitch here for a second? Mein GOTT in himmel! The special oil for these things -- Motorex 10w60 and no, that's not a typo SIXTY weight -- is $59 a gallon at my LMS!

No shit about that supermodel line.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely have to get a new, small torque wrench. And a shop manual.

BTW, can I just bitch here for a second? Mein GOTT in himmel! The special oil for these things -- Motorex 10w60 and no, that's not a typo SIXTY weight -- is $59 a gallon at my LMS!

No shit about that supermodel line.
ya, but what a ride! :smoking:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Yeah, even with the gimpy leg, I'm riding like an DAMN asshole around town, and this thing surely is a sexy beast. In the "standard" EFI map (there's also soft and racing, I haven't manned up to try the racing map yet), it does these remarkable 2nd gear roll-on wheelies. Just get it rolling and pin the throttle, and the EFI limits the acceleration so you get this very long, slow, controlled loft on the front wheel.