I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ural model "Cross"

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Ural model "Cross"

Post by Rut Row »

wow... :brows:

I'll bet I could get one for less than I've spent rebuilding CR500 motors... :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Ural model "Cross"

Post by Bucho »

I bet it wouldn't do scary unintentional wheelies.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

I talked to an older gentleman at Carlisle bike fest this past year that had owned a few so I got a history lesson on the Ural, conclusion is ...

very cool bike
very under powered
were very unreliable but the 07 and newer models are supposed to be of good quality

I still want to load one and ride to the end of the world :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

My wife & I had a "home market" Ural when we lived in Mongolia.

It wouldn't really go much over 50, but the roads were horrible, so it worked out fine.

I'd agree with the assessment.

Ironically, they're the only bike I've ever seen that actually increases in value after 2 years because the owner has worked out all the factory-installed bugs.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Roadracer_Al wrote:My wife & I had a "home market" Ural when we lived in Mongolia.
How cool is Al? I"d love to start a story w/ this phrase, "So, the wife and I are driving our sidecar rig in Mongolia..."
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:
Roadracer_Al wrote:My wife & I had a "home market" Ural when we lived in Mongolia.
How cool is Al? I"d love to start a story w/ this phrase, "So, the wife and I are driving our sidecar rig in Mongolia..."
+1
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Stop, you'll make me blush. :angel:

Unfortunately, one story that started that way has a punch line of "then she drove into the side of a brand new Toyota Landcruiser!"
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Stop, you'll make me blush. :angel:

Unfortunately, one story that started that way has a punch line of "then she drove into the side of a brand new Toyota Landcruiser!"
:lurker:
Ken