I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bike for wife recommendations

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Bike for wife recommendations

Post by mtd679 »

I read about this bike on thumpertalk. Check to see if it's still available. Some guy said he offered the guy $2k for it, and he took it. Great deal, if it's true. What a freakin' idiot.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I hope that guy didn't actually send any money, smells like a scam to me. This is the response I received when I asked if it was still for sale.

"Hi,There are 1500 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2990, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Washington DC but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery with a 14-day return policy so you will have the chance to test and inspect it before final decision.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Sung to the tune of Monty Pythons Spam Song:

Scam Scam Scam Scam

I hit the same guy who was selling an SV1000, with the exact same spiel. He won't answer emails when you ask to see the bike in person.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Same here. I replied asking to inspect the bike prior to any exchange of funds, and so far no reply.
drewbird911

Post by drewbird911 »

I really like my XT 225! I got it on e-bay for less than > $3,000. My second choice would be the TW200. How did you get her interested? I am working on my wife but she is lukewarm to the Dual Sport idea, and may end up on a scooter.

Good Luck!
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

She wasn't a big fan of riding on the back of my cruiser, so she just decided to get her license and buy her own. Now that I have a dual sport, she thinks that looks like fun and wants one of her own also. She actually really liked riding mine on the street because of the more upright riding position. I have a feeling once she gets one we'll probably say goodbye to the cruisers. I hardly ever ride mine anymore since I bought the Husky anyway.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Grady wrote:She wasn't a big fan of riding on the back of my cruiser, so she just decided to get her license and buy her own. Now that I have a dual sport, she thinks that looks like fun and wants one of her own also. She actually really liked riding mine on the street because of the more upright riding position. I have a feeling once she gets one we'll probably say goodbye to the cruisers. I hardly ever ride mine anymore since I bought the Husky anyway.
If she likes your Husky, the DRZ might be a good choice. It is a really competent and easy to ride bike. It is not a lightweight, but it really isn't a pig either.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I keep hoping my wife's taste in bikes will change from cruisers/'80s UJMs into something more reliable. Her DAMN '83 Maxim 650 is leaving a giant puddle of oil in our shed, and I'm of course, expected to fix it.

Cruisers are for people who don't actually like to ride bikes, just look faaaaabulous. IMHO.

BTW, how cool is it that we have a bunch of people that have spouses that ride? :hug:

+1 on the DRZ -- if she's coming from a cruiser, she'll think the DRZ is a featherweight.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I have to admit I still like my cruiser. I'm not a big fan of the cruiser community or style, but I still enjoy riding it. It's a plush comfortable ride, kind of like a motorized lazy boy. It's really enjoyable on long rolling country roads, as long as your not in a hurry.