I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Golden Snorkel Awards

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Golden Snorkel Awards

Post by Rut Row »

As of the 4th Annual DAMN Reunion, we now have an officially recognized DAMN Award. It goes to those riders who show incredible courage (by following another DAMN Rider through a creek) and riding skill (by blowing it mid-stream and submerging their bike).

To earn the award, you can:
- post pictures of your submerged bike
- post pictures of your bike doing a whale imitation (blowing water out of the spark plug hole)
- have 2 or more DAMN Riders attest to said event.

Each awardee will be recognized by having their status changed by a site admin.

Bucho wasn't properly recognized when he earned the very first (unknown at the time) Golden Snorkel Award so I leave it to him to decide if he wants to be properly recognized.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Golden Snorkel Awards

Post by mdubya »

You may want to clarify the differences between this award and the award for "dirt snorkeling." I think you may have a few nominees for that award too. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Louge

Post by Louge »

Need a golden Oaklies award too for harpooning trees. :whoop:

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I believe this is zamobro9's winning entry :bow:

and here's Skierd's outstanding performance - bonus points for a video BTW :thumbup:

[vimeourl][/vimeourl]
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

DAMN my first event and i win an award.....awesome :loveit:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Good job :thumbup: I`ve never seen any one wash there bike like that before. That pic. should fornt cover of advriders.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Why do we always look down into the spark plug hole when we go to crank it? Been there, done that.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Were hopping to see nothing come out.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

[quote="Kyler"]I believe this is zamobro9's winning entry :bow:

and here's Skierd's outstanding performance - bonus points for a video BTW :thumbup:

Where are these crossings? Either one Riser Road (Sidling Hill Creek) or Slabtown Road (Dick lick Creek)?

Riser Road can be very tricky if you don't go downstream and then come back up, my friend decided against my advice and swamped his Wrangler, in Feb to boot! Cold walk that day with no houses anywhere close by. My dog in the back seat was fucking pissed!! :frustrated: I DAMN near lost a quad there years back and still am amazed that water can roll over a set and NOT go in the snorkle??!! The good Lord was looking out for me that day!

Somewhere (on DAMN) I saw someone fording Deer Lick on a sportbike! Big ones man! :bow: I've seen fullsize hillbillie trucks swamped down there before, I almost lost a Jeep up stream from the Slabtown Fording.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

These were all on Town Creek