I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Has anyone used TUbliss®

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Has anyone used TUbliss®

Post by hondahawkrider »

Flats on a ride are one of my fears/pet peeves - anyone have anythoughts on this product, anyone using it?

http://www.nuetech.com/index.shtml
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Has anyone used TUbliss®

Post by Bucho »

I haven't dished out any money for it yet, (they probably don't make it in 17 inchs for my odd sized back tire).
But I've talked to people who say it works pretty good, especially for running low pressures in offroad.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

HHR if we could get together for a little time I could show you how to and what you should carry to be able to fix a flat any where any time :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

B DIRT wrote:HHR if we could get together for a little time I could show you how to and what you should carry to be able to fix a flat any where any time :thumbup:
I figured you just grab a good one off one of the other bikes in your fleet. :bow:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

the dude himself wrote:
B DIRT wrote:HHR if we could get together for a little time I could show you how to and what you should carry to be able to fix a flat any where any time :thumbup:
I figured you just grab a good one off one of the other bikes in your fleet. :bow:
:lol2: :poser: :thumbup:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

I don't rob parts from my other bikes it just creates confusion and violence in the stable :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Sam aka bigbird had a set of these on his trailer this past weekend and i really did'nt realize what they were till i saw this thread. I think im gong to look into these i had a flat saterday morning that keeped me from joining Kens ride. It seems like every time 401dan,pinkzu and i go to greenridge one of us ends up with a flat. If iget them i will post up a report. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

New to the board, but a long old time friend of Mdubya.

I also sold Ken K. his 450EXC.

I've got the Tubliss in both wheels of my KTM 300XCW and my kid's 250XCW and also put them in another friends bike.

The front and rear in my bike have performed flawlessly. The rear in my kids bike leaks air while the bike is parked over a week or two period. The front punctured and I'm just installing a conventional tube as I write this.

My buddy has had issues with his, both front and rear, although we think this may be from bad installation as he had his done a a dealership. He's gone through about 3 tubes, all replaced by NueTech free of charge, before we finally got a set to work.

It's real critical to spend time to get the sealing tape on good and then lubricate, with tire mount fluid, or equivalent, the inner tubliss tube and the tire as you put it on. You have to be real careful with the red shield part when installing it on the wheel. There is a wire running through the bead on the read liner and getting brutal with tire irons will easily break this and this may not be visible. Once this wire breaks, the red liner does not have the strength to hold the Tubliss innertube in place when inflated to 110psi.

I've had mine installed for about 18 months now. I did puncture my front, hole through the tire, while at Loretta Lynn's last month. I had to ride back to the car, about 6 miles. Although the tire was flat, the Tubliss insert held the tire beads to the rim.
Last edited by ChrisE on Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

A quick update, to my previous post above, the Tubliss innertube had a split on a seam. I sent a picture, of the tube, in an email to Nuetech and they are sending me a new tube at no charge.....
Louge

Post by Louge »

Welcome aboard Chris. Good group here, hope you can make it up for a ride sometime.