I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Throttle Cables

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Throttle Cables

Post by Rut Row »

I'm about to install a new set of throttle cables on my fo-fitty. When the Scotts was installed, that raised the bars enough that the cables bind when the handlebars are moved to full lock and the engine revs. Not happy with that.

So, I'm about a set of Motion Pro cables that are 3" longer than stock.

Are there any tricks, issues, etc I need to know about BEFORE I remove the old cables? Any tips on installing the new set?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Throttle Cables

Post by Bucho »

I've managed to do that before so it can't be that hard.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

not the same animal, but when I replaced the cables on my co-workers Triumph, the sage thing I learned was to replace em 1 at a time, so as to not hook them up backwards or have issues with retracing routing.....that and have multiple different angles of needle nose pliers on hand, even if you don't need them.
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

turns out KTM throttle cables are really easy to install. Now the problem is figuring out the right routing. Maybe +3" was too much as the stock routing causes a really tight bend and results in a sticking throttle.

I'll keep trying!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:turns out KTM throttle cables are really easy to install. Now the problem is figuring out the right routing. Maybe +3" was too much as the stock routing causes a really tight bend and results in a sticking throttle.

I'll keep trying!

Taller bars! :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:lol2:

can you picture a 450EXC with ape hangers

:huh:
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote::lol2:

can you picture a 450EXC with ape hangers

:huh:
No, but I have seen one with an ape riding it. :poser:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.