I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I love my 525 but,

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: I love my 525 but,

Post by Firebolter »

I agree about the oil, it takes me 10 minutes to do the oil on my 200, about the same on the Husky 610. The RFS motor is well made, but the oiling circuit is complex. Switching to the blue and white plastic made it really easy to find my bike in the sea of orange at most enduro's! I admit, I like blingy bikes. Half the fun of owning them is personalizing them!

That rack fits really good. It's gonna be nice to have the storage for DS rides. I love 2smokers, but if you have ever ridden a properly setup 450/525, it is a hoot. Monster power and can wheelie all day long with just throttle.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

How do you think that oil cooler would survive a rock hit (taskers) or a hard lay down on that side?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:How do you think that oil cooler would survive a rock hit (taskers) or a hard lay down on that side?
they are very sturdy - made out of billet aluminum too
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Wingfixer wrote:How do you think that oil cooler would survive a rock hit (taskers) or a hard lay down on that side?
If you damage this oil cooler, chances are you are severely FUBAR and won't care about the cooler/bike condition! :brows: ......

As Ken says, it is a single piece made from Billet Aluminum. It actually tucks in pretty good. I never worry about it at all. It can handle laydowns with no issues. The handlebars and rad shrouds would take the majority of blows in a laydown anyway. Even a direct hit wouldn't be too bad. Alot stronger than the stock case cover for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

Boom Boom wrote:
mullethead774 wrote:What the Hell is all that about? Umteen different drain plugs, 1/2 a dozen filters? Oil cooler? WOW. My KTM 300 or my YZ250 together only have half that stuff. Two strokes & mullets forever dude. See ya out there when you're done working on them. :shrug:
"Simple strokes for simple folks" :beathorse:
Hey, I resemble that remark. Want proof. I had to look up "luddite".

Seriously, that is one sweat ride. Enjoy. :ride:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Trading off to a 450 or 525 EXC after a couple of years on the DRZ, you will never fall over again. :rickey: Seriously. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

mdubya wrote:[Trading off to a 450 or 525 EXC after a couple of years on the DRZ, you will never fall over again. :rickey: Seriously. :deal:

I keep telling myself that my DR650 is just a training tool for whenever I can afford a better bike. If I can do the rock gardens at Taskers and all the single track at Granville's, I should kick butt w/ a light weight two stroke. (I hope...)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho - if you get a KTM 300, we'll see you twice each ride - at the start and waiting for us at the finish! :lol2: :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote:
mdubya wrote: If I can do the rock gardens at Taskers and all the single track at Granville's, I should kick butt w/ a light weight two stroke. (I hope...)
Absolutely.................you be faster and use less energy plus

YOU NEVER HAVE TO ADJUST VALVES!!!!!! :rickey:
Lots of cool bikes---