I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hold my beer and watch this.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Re: Hold my beer and watch this.

Post by XRAnimal »

We've had a place on Primehook since the mid-late 60's. Dad built both of the houses we've had. He's lived there full time since '83 and considered one of the old timers.

Ever ride 13 Curves Road? I know it's fun in my dad's Nissan 300ZX :brows:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

XRAnimal wrote:We've had a place on Primehook since the mid-late 60's. Dad built both of the houses we've had. He's lived there full time since '83 and considered one of the old timers.

Ever ride 13 Curves Road? I know it's fun in my dad's Nissan 300ZX :brows:
Oh, he is a "been there". You see, in Delaware you have the been there's and the came here's. Anyone whose family has not been there a certain period of time is a "came here" and it takes a while to become a "been here". It used to be that one's last three generations had to have lived in DE before you became a "been here". Now, with some many "outsiders" anyone who has been living there more than 20 years or so qualifies. I qualify by virtue of my family having been in Delaware over 300 years (no kidding) even though I haven't lived there in over 25 years.

Ahh, the joys of rural life. Great place though, it sounds like your Dad is one of the crazy pioneers that convinced people you could actually survive on a 200 ft wide spit of land near the bay. Crazy.
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

In all thier years there, Mom & Dad only left once because of the weather and that was because my Mom was ill and they needed to be sure she could receive care if needed.

It's cool being in the house when the wind is howling. Get to see the wall's bow from the wind force and clean the seaweed off the porch screen when it's done :brows:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

XRAnimal wrote:In all thier years there, Mom & Dad only left once because of the weather and that was because my Mom was ill and they needed to be sure she could receive care if needed.

It's cool being in the house when the wind is howling. Get to see the wall's bow from the wind force and clean the seaweed off the porch screen when it's done :brows:

And horseshoe crabs.

You coming to the DAMN reunion in April?
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

jxs2151 wrote:
XRAnimal wrote:In all thier years there, Mom & Dad only left once because of the weather and that was because my Mom was ill and they needed to be sure she could receive care if needed.

And horseshoe crabs.

You coming to the DAMN reunion in April?
Hell yes :thumbup: Think I met you before, but will make sure at the DAMN reunion :cheers:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere