I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pumped for Moto GP

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Pumped for Moto GP

Post by OnOff »

I just booked tickets for a friend and myself to see Moto GP at Indy on Aug 29th! :cheers: :rayof: :loveit:

We got the coveted Penthouse E seating and now just have to figure out where to stay. We will be riding there (FJR and a Rocket III) and I can't wait! :whoop: :roost: Anybody else going and who else can't wait for Green Ridge???
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Pumped for Moto GP

Post by Rut Row »

OnOff wrote:I just booked tickets for a friend and myself to see Moto GP at Indy on Aug 29th! :cheers: :rayof: :loveit:

We got the coveted Penthouse E seating and now just have to figure out where to stay. We will be riding there (FJR and a Rocket III) and I can't wait! :whoop: :roost: Anybody else going and who else can't wait for Green Ridge???
Stay downtown if you want a night life. Nothing going on in Speedway

pm Kris_Kris (my brother) - he still lives in Indy - he might have a suggestion.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Man! That is awesome! I would love to go catch that!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Make sure you go to the Mile on saturday night. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

I would not recommend watching in the main bleachers /stands. You can not see the bikes crossing the finish line. I stayed in Plainfield. It is southwest of the track. There are several hotels in that area, much cheaper than anything downtown, and you are about 15 min from the track.

mdubya wrote:Make sure you go to the Mile on saturday night. :deal:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Me and 22 of my "aprilia" friends will be there! We are in Penthouse B (Straight and Turns 1-4). I got my room at Hyatt downtown. Downtown on the weekends is the bomb, it's really nice to stay down there and party. Friday and Sat night they close about 4 blocks of Meridian and it is only open to bikes. All kinds of bars and restaurants. They even set up bars in the parking lots, Red Bull, Yaeger etc. all had really killer out door bars last year. Stunt shows and other events all over downtown. They rename all of the streets down town with the last names of the racers, like Valentino Blvd, Hayden St, Capriossi Ave etc......pretty cool. I like to be able to have some beers and such and not have to drive, so def stay downtown if you want to party.

If you like live blues, go to the Slippery Noodle. Oldest bar in Indiana and the music is great and about 30 beers on draft. Sit outside and watch the continuous stream of bikes! The Beaver is also a cool bar.

Indy is a blast, been both years since MotoGP has come, way better than Laguna IMO. Indy does a great job hosting an event like this. 100,000 people in Indy is no big deal since they are used to 500,000 or more for the 500 and other F1 races.
Lots of cool bikes---