I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sad times...

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sad times...

Post by Bucho »

Sounds like a great guy. Military service, motorcycles, fencing, and other sports.

I used to fence saber. Living in new england I've been to international competitions in Canada and got whooped by Canadians and Europeans.

It tough when you see the harsh realities of death first hand. But remember the awesome life he had and the honor you had to be there on his last ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Pete I just read this and I am so sorry to hear about your friend he sounded like a very good man and I would have loved to have met him and shared asphault with him. Again Im sorry and I am glad the man got to go doing what he loved.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Sucks.

I got nothing.

BTDT.

Keep on keeping on Pete.
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That sucks. I have lost my share of close friends, nothing really heals the pain but time does make it easier to cope. At least he went while doing something he enjoyed. R.I.P.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Nocturnal XR

Post by Nocturnal XR »

I have lost two freinds due to riding. Just keep on doing what you love to do.
R.I.P
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

I am super sorry to hear this, to be having great times and then have such bad things happen, sounds like you did all you could, as few others said at least Bob went doing what he loved.
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

OnOff,
I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend. My condolences and thoughts to all his family and friends.

Jack
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

DAMN, just saw this. Sorry about your friend, Bob sounds like a great guy.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

My sympathy and prayers go out to you, his friends and family. Every time I read something like this, it always takes me back a few and makes me think a little, hence my delay in writing anything. There never seems to be enough that can be said in times like that.
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Bob is still on my mind a hundred times a day. I'm coping fine and still continue to ride every day it's not pouring rain or snowing. Tonight I bought a lab friend a beer at happy hour. Bartender says you should read the bottle caps on these. They are often prophetic and full of deep meaning. Yeah right.
I tossed it in my pocket and read it when I picked up sushi tonight and was looking for pocket change. Keep in mind Bob was a HUGE fan of this sushi joint and even had a wedding reception there. Pretty Odd. RIP Bob, I still miss you.
Pete
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...